Sunday, April 21, 2024

Project 365, Week 15

I'm working on catching up on life in general, this blog included. So sweet of a long-time blogger friend to comment that they miss me in this space. I'm afraid there's not much to this week, other than gritting out the last days of tax season. 

April 8
This Monday was a blur of insanity. A full 30 minutes before the office's posted opening time, the phone calls and drop offs were coming in faster than I could handle. And the level of franticness and disorganization (and even general crankiness about our government's taxation system) of our clients was at an all-time high. I didn't mean to, but the entire day a refrain from a country song kept going through my head...God is great, beer is good and people are CRaZy.

In the midst of things happening in all directions, a friend stopped in with a bag of surprises for me and cookies for the whole office. It was such a kindness and blessed all of us. 


NCAA Tournament final. I cared about the game, but my body demanded sleep so I found out in the morning....


April 9
...UCONN won!! And without any discussion or planning, Shaun and I showed our team spirit at the office the next day.


April 10
View from my temporary office.


April 11
If I'm at all physically able to walk any distance, then I make it a point to get out in the morning. Its such life-giving time for me, even if its just 15 minutes. What an added delight to see signs of spring.



April 12
Other signs of spring, I guess you could say. A dumped over planter and muddy soccer cleats.


April 13
I brought Amanda to work early in the morning and was amazed at the vibrant shades of yellow.


Such thoughtfulness from another friend, celebrating the almost end.


April 14
My youngest sister lives in Texas and doesn't make it up very often, but on short notice she came up with a couple of her girls. Amanda, Aiden, Rocco and I met up with them and also my brother and his gang. It was a quick visit but still good to have everyone together. The girls are super sweet and loved being with their cousins.


I've been the oldest always and the shortest for most of the time, but I think I'm shrinking!


 

2 comments:

  1. I work in human resources and "God is great, beer is good and people are CRaZy" is RIGHT. Well, except for the beer part - mine would be Diet Sundrop. Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've actually never tried beer (or Diet Sundrop). Mine would have to be coffee or water, I guess. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the world.