Thursday, April 11, 2019

Project 365, Week 13

This was a hard week. Tax season is wearing and our reserves depleted. The hope of spring is something to cling to.

March 25
I'm so grateful for my core group of girls...we've been sitting around a table together for many years and its always inspiring and life-giving. Also, the food here is amazing!!


March 26
Its a hard-knock life here! This acre+ parcel is the largest we've ever lived on and we're feeling it with fall and spring clean up! Fifty percent of the time I have workers who choose happy hearts and make it into fun and I grab my camera because I think, oh, how sweet and fifty percent of the time there is much moaning and grumbling and I desperately want to send them inside to do screens so I can just work alone. :)

March 27
All kids were involved in the rehearsal this night.


March 28
So sweet to watch my boys doing the evening's crossword puzzle together.


March 29
Amanda desperately wanted me to go on her science field trip with her, which I was so touched by since I know not all middle schoolers love having their moms kicking around. She did pick my outfit the night before. ;) I was super grateful for the time we had together...she needs lots of one-on-one.

I was surprised to see our next door neighbor give the opening address as the associate dean of something or other at UCONN.



March 30
I asked Avery to take this photo. It was SUCH a beautiful Saturday and my first time of the season sitting out on the porch. The Instagram version is that I have a beautiful house with a beautiful sunroom and I had a relaxing enough day that I could leisurely sit, undisturbed to read and journal.

The real life version is outside of this camera's frame the porch is a dusty mess from winter with dead plants and dog-chewed cardboard spread around. I was up and out of the house by 6AM getting the first kid to their activity. In between the running of the day I worked at the office . Shaun and I were barely speaking. Late afternoon I grabbed these couple minutes out of desperation, forcing the issue of fixing my eyes on Truth, reminding myself of the One who never changes and is always faithful.

Both versions are true. Life is beautiful and life is hard. Life has joy and sorrow and they often overlap. And we can always chose to be grateful.


For Christmas, I bought our family tickets to a Tim Hawkins show. We're big fans and many of his jokes are laced through our every day conversations. The night of laughter was good medicine.


March 31
Amanda snapped this photo as the day was closing out. Thankful for extended daylight!



2 comments:

  1. I love, "Both versions are true...and we can choose to be grateful." So wise and so much truth! I also love your selfie with Amanda...and that she picked your outfit! Adorable. P.S. It's time for another helping of beet salad! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ^^^ I was just gonna write what Meg said! -- Your tough season (or at least this particular one at hand) is almost done. Well done on getting through another year!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the world.