Tuesday, May 5, 2020

Project 365, Week 18

I adore this slow cadence of life right now....my heart and soul need so much quiet, stillness, pause. Especially when I feel out of my league to live my life (which is usually), I need time to fix my mind, to re-organize my thoughts. Left to my own I fear failure or not measuring up, I feel left alone, I get overwhelmed by the needs around me, I have anxious thoughts that I can't even name. I spend large amounts of my time reminding myself of truth and directing my thoughts towards things that are true and right and lovely and good.

April 27
A boy, his book and his dog. Some days he stays in his bathrobe all day.


April 28
Aiden has been learning how to build a good fire. I've often wondered if he'll go into civil engineering...he seems to have an above average fascination with fire and water flow.


April 29
Aiden and Shaun set out early for nine holes. Aiden shot his best game ever....such a treat to live minutes form a golf course.


Family Fun Run...Aiden was the winner and everyone but me improved their time.



April 30
"Mom, is it ok if I do a little more reading on the Cuban Missile Crisis before I start school?" (For the record, I had to look up how to even spell "missile" :)


The boys took Axis & Allies back out...since it wasn't Shaun's birthday, all the girls declined. :)


May 1
This was the scene when I got home from work...Shaun and the kids were well into a game of Cash Flow (highly recommend for teaching kids, or adults for that matter, about money). I don't love that I'm still working so much, I really prefer to be home when the kids are, but I'm thankful the office is just two minutes from home, I enjoy the work, and the workday is relatively short.


May 2
They've been consistent in their weekend weight-lifting workout. Aiden and Avery especially are enjoying the challenge of watching the weight and number of reps increase.


We miss the library being open and our mail lady probably does too but we're helping Amazon to stay in business. We need books in our lives!!


Yay for campfires and hard and holy moments with friends.


May 3
A Sunday with perfect weather...what a life-infusing day!


Shaun and the kids did yoga...it did not sound relaxing and meditative from the other room. ;)


Our neighbor turned 43 and his wife organized a birthday parade. Our town's volunteer fire department came with about a dozen vehicles, followed by friends of maybe 30 cars, who had all been instructed to come armed with water balloons. It was so great to see people, especially the one who is finally recovered from COVID and was out and about.

This week our pastor encouraged us to not "turtle up", which is for sure my default. But then, on a beautiful day after many of rain, I sit on my neighbor's front lawn and have a one-on-one talk and, with tears she shares a deep pain, and I am reminded how much I love people and how much we need each other.



Birthday Parade #2, Aiden and I did a drive-by for a friend/classmate.


It was the kind of day you just had to be outside for...as we sat on the patio, I noted that on a normal Sunday in May we would have been "off to the races", with church and sports, in all different directions. Instead, we were leisurely taking in the day, getting time together to do nothing...like target practice with the BB gun and taking walks. While its here, Shaun and I are choosing to see this time in life as a gift.







1 comment:

  1. I DO love this cadence. Love that you had to google missile (that kid is amazing!) and no girls for A and A if it's not Shaun's bday! HAHA!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the world.