Sunday, May 31, 2020

Project 365, Week 21

This week was exciting as some of the non-essential businesses were given the green light to open! We were the first ones in line!

Watching and experiencing the excitement and joy of seeing people, some for the first time in months, its so evident that God created us for relationship.

May 18
The neighbor ladies got together for hot tub and fire pit...fears, frustration, disappointments were shared. For most, this is a hard season.


May 19
I'll only say about this day that Shaun is a rockstar...patient, steady and intentional in his parenting (and homeschooling!).


This field I pass everyday on my way to the office takes my breath away...I finally pulled over to try to capture some of its beauty.


May 20
Speaking of beauty, the sunrises this morning week were incredible. I love that the sun rises early enough this time of year that sometimes I wake up to the light pouring into our bedroom.


For Connecticut, this day was a partial opening of the state. Since the kids have school off on Wednesdays, Shaun and the kids picked up Amanda's friend and they went out to lunch and did some shopping and did their part to open the economy back up.

They also did the family run, but since I had to cover the office I missed it. They forgot to take a picture but at least they brought me ChickfilA. :)


May 21
Amazing weather!




May 22


We had a truckload of mulch delivered and now we have a large project ahead of us! No need to hire a landscaping crew when you have three tweens/teens. :)


May 23
Last year Amy introduced me to a farmer's market that is a great place for plants and flowers...quality, variety and price are all outstanding. We arrived at 6am along with the rest of the crowd and got our goods. This is a perfect year for extra yard work. :)


May 24
Its a long story, but this day I was in Home Depot three times at two different locations. I also went to two different Walmarts but one had the line snaked around the building longer than I was willing to deal with. Crazy times.


Amanda wanted to do a sleepover outside in a tent. Not only did Pop let us borrow his tent, he also brought it over and set it up with her. She was quite pleased!!


Avery and I drove to visit with her friend who she hasn't seen in person in months. The girls were crying happy tears. We had a lovely lunch with Sarah's family, so grateful to have people time.


Shaun and the kids began working on putting overhead lighting in the bedrooms, which included fun adventures like crawling around in the attic.


The friends were very happy to be together.


Aiden was so sweet to want to do a fire for the girls. He kept checking with Amanda for just the right timing so it would be ready when they were. He has found a purpose with being the fire maker in the family. :)


May 25
The dog slept in the tent with the girls and at some point in the night they had let her out. When I looked out the window in the morning, Ginger was still faithfully guarding them.


When it looked like the weather was going to be nice, we threw a cookout together. We kept it simple and outside. Its so nice to be with people! Even with all the nonsense happening, I'm still so grateful to be an American and in awe of the people through history who felt strongly enough about honor and freedom and liberty to die for the cause.










No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the world.