Saturday, August 7, 2021

Project 365, Week 31

Walls are going up, flooring is being completed so it feels like we've rounded a corner with the building. I'm thankful to have a purpose outside of my own immediate comfort or entertainment. I'm thankful to be working on something that will matter in the future, whether that's buildings or people. Life is hard and life is sweet.




July 26
Its always a boost to have new faces around. Renna and Rocco joined us and were a big help! Shaun is so good at finding appropriate jobs for all skill levels and he's such a patient teacher. He got Amanda kicked off and she ran with it, completing the room all on her own!





Avery had a very full day of babysitting, but she still joined us later when she was able.


Finally...home, showers and screens.


July 27


A gorgeous morning and a time of refreshing while walking a neighborhood while the girls were at early morning soccer practice.


Renna and I got some special time together while getting sheetrock and other supplies. She's delightful company!



July 28
Ill-timed, but we went and looked at a house across from the lake and then put an offer in. We didn't get it, but we have our antennae up all the time, hoping to get some lake years in with the kids before they're gone.

This man shoulders a lot of responsibility. On any given day, its kind of unbelievable the variety and scope of what he deals with.





July 29
The girls are in high demand for baby and dog sitting. 


When you need a break from working to curl up with The Hobbit. :)


July 30
Pretty morning light!!


Most of the fam was up early to watch the soccer game.


Pop came by to pick Aiden up for fishing. He just bought the sweetest little boat and he's been taking turns with the grandkids.


Picked up a couple extra kids for the weekend. Brought me back to what used to be my every day life of pushing a double stroller, carrying one on my back, dog in tow, putting in miles upon miles around town.


This sweet girl had covered the office along with Nathanael and when she met us on the road I stopped her for a picture...such a beauty!


And this girl spent the day at Six Flags with friends. I dropped them off in the morning and left them. It was a very strange feeling but they stayed together and it was a success.


Bedtime. :)


July 31
These two were up very early each morning and the older one is challenging to entertain. He doesn't like movies or other screens and he doesn't really ever stop talking. Its tiring but also quite fascinating how there could be so many words. One key to success with small kids is lots of playtime in the fresh air, so that's what much of our weekend was worked around. Shaun and the kids did soccer both days so we all tagged along and hit up the playscapes.






We were around the campfire at the building when I noticed up the road the farmer was haying the field. Aiden and I ran over to get pictures. I was trying to capture the evening light and Aiden was trying to capture the action shot. Boys and girls are so different! 😄






August 1
Another very early morning! So, I loaded up four boys and a dog and went to the lake.

I know some moms sleep until their kids wake them up, but I've never been that kind. Having morning rhythms and rituals like coffee, prayer, exercise help get me to thriving instead of surviving. I would be impatient, unloving, selfish and wishing for time alone if I didn't get that hour or two in the morning.




Got everyone fed and bathed and I snapped a couple pics of the kids while we waited for the girls before heading off to church. I love this one of D. 💙


The older boy had an idea to make a picture frame out of scrap wood that he could give to his foster mom. Aiden helped him with the necessary tools.


Playscape #2. :)






Late in the evening I returned the two boys and there were just four left. Phew...we made it! I was in the other room, listening to the kids play and I heard, Mom! Auntie! Come take a picture! Now its my home screen. :)


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the world.