Saturday, July 31, 2021

July's 10 on 10

10 pictures on the 10th day (Saturday) of the month! 
{Document a snapshot of your life...find beauty among the ordinary things in your day!}

We’re fragile and frayed, and a good night’s sleep or a week of vacation isn’t enough of a cure. What we need — what I need — is an unadulterated center. A haven of perpetual rest. A core that holds all our fragments together. 

The only refuge strong enough for that kind of security and safety is God himself. No person or position, no dream or destination, no relationship or romance or house or church or paycheck or pastor is a refuge like our God.

Everything else will one day give way. Those things around which you’re building your life will one day slip through your fingers and fade. Nothing lasts — nothing ever lasts.

Except the Everlasting One.

He is your home. He never sleeps so you can sleep in peace (Psalm 121:4). He never changes so you can live in a world that is never the same (Hebrews 13:8). Yes, you may need to start getting more sleep or changing your commitments or seeing a counselor. You might even need a more radical life change to address the exhaustion that is leaving you brittle and dry. It’s okay to admit you’re a human with real limitations that need attention.

But unless you make your Father your rest, all other remedies will need to be replaced. Find your rest in Him, and no matter when or how the world fades away, you’ll have a place to call home. ~ Michele Cushatt


Yes, fragile and frayed, so I seek my Center, my Refuge, my Peace. And my back porch is my favorite place to do that before the rest of the world gets to me.


I've recently started adding several tiny runs into my week, because...endorphins!


After dropping kids off to their various places, I went to the building. There have had to be several changes to the floor plan so we've spent many hours talking through different options, trying to land on the very best scenario.


I picked up Aiden from church...they'd met up to play soccer.


Then we picked up Avery from her morning babysitting job, except the parents were running late so we hung out in the car for a while. He's good company.


Shenanigans.

The recent rain had left us a roaring stream on the building's property. I love that Aiden invited me to explore with him.



More walls coming down. Ugh!


Sweet Avery drove us to the craft store where she picked out supplies for projects she wanted to do with her summer charges. She spent a decent chunk of her own money and was excited to do them with the kids. Also, this girl is driving me around!!


We snuck into the first part of church to watch Amanda and team do one of the songs they'd be working on all week in the upcoming Vacation Bible Camp.



Then Katie and I took the Teen Bible Quiz kids who had earned a special event. Bowling, arcade, laser tag. They are a pretty tight group and we enjoyed watching them have fun.




 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the world.