Wednesday, May 18, 2022

May's 10 on 10

10 pictures on the 10th day (Tuesday) of the month! 
{Document a snapshot of your life...find beauty among the ordinary things in your day!}

If the sunrise is especially special I will spend my quiet morning time in the front of the house instead of the back porch. 


The variety and quantity of exercises I can do is slowly increasing, but for now I do it barefoot to remind myself to not overdue it.


I mill around while the kids get ready for school in a flurry. Sometimes they offer more than a grunted 'good morning' but usually its just about being in the same space together.


When its not tax season, I normally have about two hours at home after the kids have gone to school and before I head into the office. Leaving the kitchen clean is usually a part of my routine.


I love my office space...bright sun pouring in through the bank of windows and flowers out front. 


Amanda was heading to a tennis match so I sat out in the warm sun for a few minutes and got to wave to her. :)


This is the photo that comes up when Dakota's mom calls me. I'm so grateful for our undefinable relationship....she has grown my heart and taught me so many things. This day we chatted about several things and she said, Dakota told me, 'I want to go visit my aunt who lives far away'. Ha!


I usually just order books ahead of time, but we still love to just walk the aisles, taking in the goodness that is the library. All those places to visit, adventures to be had, people to meet, things to learn...all waiting within the pages of those books.


For $4.99, someone else shops the aisles of the grocery store, checks out and bags, and then loads my family's food into my car. I've never waited more than 5 minutes once I arrive and never once has anything been missing. Its life-changing.


A smile, however shortly lived, at pickup after an away tennis match.


We ran an errand in our old town and I still know where the prettiest places are and when they'll be in bloom so we went a little out of our way to take it in.


Back when he needed the accountability, Aiden started brushing his teeth with me in my bathroom. Now he's a regular brusher and even flosses everyday, but he still stops by for a chat most nights. We talk about school, TBQ, a book, an event in history, Pokemon cards, life.


 

1 comment:

Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the world.