Saturday, February 3, 2024

Project 365, Week 4

Sometimes January feels long, but this one has felt manageable, nice even. We're enjoying this last bit of time before much of our time is spoken for with tax season.

January 22
The quiet, the fresh air, the ability to walk, the conversations with God, the sun rising...my morning walks are beautiful, sacred, life-giving.


January 23


Amanda helped me run some errands. Ginger got some needed shots (don't hate me because we vax our dog 😉) and we visited our apartment building, among other things.



January 24
We'd been trying to get our whole office staff together to do a new group picture and this was the day, even in the light snow. What a team! Shaun and I are so grateful for each one...they are fun, hardworking, dedicated and make decisions with integrity.


Professional office manager by morning, veteran cancer patient by afternoon. My dad drove me and after the scan, even though it was 3pm, he made sure to get me coffee right away, since I wasn't able to eat or drink beforehand. It was a no-issues drive.


January 25
It seems banks are getting rid of their coin counters but with Avery's waitressing job and our apartment building's coin-operated washer/dryer we regularly have lots of coin. The bank referred us to the grocery store, which I found out charges 12%. So, we got wrappers and started wrapping. Turns out its quite addicting and the 12 years I worked in banking has come in very handy....my family is super impressed with my coin-rolling skills.


January 26
TBQ practice on Friday nights is a highlight of my week! Pastor Luke was our guest speaker this night. Right now we're in the book of James, being challenged with things such as jealousy, pride, selfishness, an untamed tongue.


January 27
Game night!


January 28
Even though we arrived in two cars, we all ended up on the same shuttle. I miss the days when the kids were gleeful about the quarter mile shuttle ride from the commuter lot to church.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the world.