Lots of time at the lake getting good projects done and spending time with family. Also grappling with big life stuff behind the scenes. All is grace.
July 20
Morning check-in from Shaun. So glad he is able to get some time to himself most mornings, whether on the golf course or water. His shoulders bear innumerable heavy weights of responsibility and I'm thankful for the pockets of time he has to break away from it all.
July 21
My morning break away time looks different.
July 22
Earlier in the day, I'd gotten a tough call from the doctor. Amanda didn't know that when she came into my bedroom to play her guitar. We sang How Great Thou Art together and I couldn't help the tears falling.
July 23
Z, our very first foster kid, welcomed his son Ezekiel.
Nathan brought his tractor over and what a difference a machine makes! We got some good work done clearing the downed tree debris. They also made steps from the garden to the garden shed. Progress!
July 24
Mercies are new every morning.
Shelva was in town and we got a few lovely hours together on the deck. What I love most about our relationship is how different we are. Its a strange thing see her gray hair that mirrors mine and to talk about being old and having big kids because that's not the story in my head. In my head we are doing sleepovers and riding bicycles. :) I'm so grateful for the friendship we've shared since we were 14.
July 25
My niece Lainie graduated from ROTC Cadet training at Ft. Knox. She's amazing to watch, driven and excellent in all she sets out to do (which is a lot!). She lives life large and we're so proud of her.
A nice Saturday work crew showed up and we accomplished some projects with the truck and tractor and willing muscles.
In the early afternoon we switched gears to some fun. My niece Evie had a birthday party and invited friends and family to celebrate. I didn't get many pictures because I sat with Nana, though she did request a picture with the boys and I love it.
Whenever she sees Aiden, she wants to measure if he's grown taller than her. What a thing that must be to watch your great grandchildren growing into adults.
July 26
The day was beautiful and we were anxious to see Amy family and hear about their european adventure.
Late the night before, my nephew Levi and his girlfriend flew in from TX. This was a good day to lay low as they work to adjust and acclimate to their move to CT.



























No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the world.