Monday, September 14, 2026

Project 365, Week 37

The "circle of life" sat with me this week. The freshness of new life, the brevity of life on earth...its all such a mystery, but one worth pondering frequently.

September 7
Our first Labor Day weekend in more than 20 years to not have LobsterFest, since we moved it to June this year. I wore my throwback shirt in memory. 


Happy Birth Day to my great-niece, Elia. Sweet Maddy-Girl is mom to two girls now.


We were pleased to get a reservation on a holiday evening. The weather was perfect for our annual tradition of dinner on the Connecticut River. I'm thankful for these ladies...we've done some serious mourning and rejoicing together....and hoping for eternity. :)



September 8
#51


September 9
No picture.

September 10
No picture.

September 11
No picture, although I did spend some time reading some 9/11 reflections. I recall 25 years ago I was enrolled in a Current Events class, so we had to read the newspaper. The New York Times published a special series called Portraits of Grief. For weeks and weeks and weeks that semester I read through obituaries, trying to honor the people who were plucked out of their everyday lives on that horrific morning. Twenty-five years later and it feels all the more impossible that it happened.

September 12 
This is one of my weekly accidental photos, but its fitting. I ventured out, just kind of along for the ride with some of Shaun's day as I worked to re-gain strength and mental clarity.


We stopped to see progress on the new HR Block space.


Then we walked through our future church campus building. There are still desks and chairs in all the offices and it was a bit eerie honestly. Once, not too long ago, the building was buzzing with important office work and people who dedicated the best parts of their day to their work. 

I couldn't help thinking of the verse in Ecclesiastes. I observed everything going on under the sun, and really, it is all meaningless-like chasing the wind. This life is brief, fleeting, impossible to hold on to (why do we try to hold to it so tightly?) What matters, really? What is going to count for the rest of all time?


September 13
Opening Football Sunday...our family enjoys fall with the NFL! Avery and Jack hung at our house, Aiden's group gathered to play and watch and Amanda met Jason and his family at NY stadium





 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the world.