Friday, November 13, 2009

Aiden is Four Months

I remember thinking when Avery was four months old, Oh, now this is good.  Aiden is starting to be more free with his smiles (not evidenced here by this very brief photoshoot before nap) and he talks and he looks at me like I am the best thing since breast milk.  He laughs when I tickle him and when we play peek-a-boo.  He's content for longer stretches of time to play on his stomach or sitting (just barely) in his walker.  The standard is craziness around here and he seems to be more in tuned to it each day.

This week he started rolling from his back to his stomach.  I wonder if he's been doing it and I just haven't noticed, because he's pretty proficient at it.  Those milestones were big with Avery, but I'm in no hurry to see any of them with the this last baby. 

As a birthday gift to both of us, he fell asleep twice on me today, once while we were at the library and again when I was at bible study.  Usually when he is tired I lay him in his crib or he falls asleep in the car, but today he drifted off to sleep in my arms and it was wonderful.  In fun, Shaun tells me how spoiled Aiden is and how he loves his momma, but I know just about as soon as he is walking, Aiden will be toddling after his daddy out to the workshop or just around working on man stuff and playing ball.  And so, its true that I may be hoarding him and spoiling him just a little but I think that's ok. 

Whenever they can, the girls like to climb in his crib when he awake from his nap.  He looks around in wonder, so helpless and curious and perhaps a bit overwhelmed.  They try to hold him but he's never too thrilled about it.  However, they are getting good at "playing" with him and distracting him with a toy.  He fits in with us perfectly and we love our little dukey-boy.




After a very short time, Aiden left for his nap, but Avery thought we should take advantage of the camera being out.  She started striking all kinds of poses and saying, Mom, take a picture of this!



To my surprise, Amanda was willing to follow Avery's direction....doing what I can only assume are stretches from ballet.



Then Avery had them doing this leapfrog type pose.  Amanda got the climbing-on-Avery's-back thing, but it was hilarious to watch Amanda try to follow Avery's instructions to be on her hands and knees, with Avery on her back AND with her head up.....she got it though!



Even a child is known by his deeds, whether what he does is pure and right.
Proverbs 20:11

6 comments:

  1. Ahhh! He is sooo cute and as always so are the girls. I just love your camera.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love these posts. I am tired from a long planning weekend and trying to catch up on blogging....and then I find my self here, smiling and enjoying the pictures! thx.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love how you always capture everyday moments. those truly are the ones you will miss the most.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the one of Avery w/Aiden and of course...typical Amanda...IN THE AIR...LOL!!! LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this pictures. They are all just so precious. 4 months time is flying and by all means spoil away he will be big before you know it. But I must confess Symeon is still a Mama's guy and will often follow me around everywhere so maybe you don't need to worry it might not disappear as fast as you think. There is something really special between a Mother and son. Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, Aiden looks SO much like his sisters. Love the pictures of the girls having fun & posing. Too cute!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the world.