Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Aiden is Two!

Our little Aiden is TWO!  Or, as he would say if you asked him, "I five!", with his arm fully extended and five pudgy fingers sticking up.

While I can't believe two years has come and gone since that hot July Monday morning, I also find it hard to remember a time without him.  From the very beginning he's fit in so naturally with our family...there was never really any adjustment period.

He is a sweet, affectionate boy who still loves his momma dearly but is also into all things Daddy.  Avery can do no wrong and Amanda can do no right, but really he has a tremendous love for them both.

He's talking really well and has started to come out with some funny stuff...

When I ask him something like, Aiden, do I need to change your diaper?  or, Would you like more bread? He'll say thoughtfully, "Ummmmmm...no, I fine."

His Gs come out like Ds..."where'd Sissies doe?"

With his head dropped, he'll shake it and say, "Don't worry, Momma.  Don't worry."

He says, "Buckle, Momma" when we get in the car.  He also asks me to turn up the music.

He's been talking about helicopters and airplanes all the time since the airshow.  "Helicopper too loud, airpane to loud...fireworks, to loud!"

"I'll be right back!"

"See you yater!"

Aiden checked out great at the doctor yesterday.  He weighs 26 pounds and he impressed everyone with his talking and interaction.  He's a charmer for sure and completely owns our hearts.  I'm loving this age and trying not to be sad we don't have a baby in the house anymore.

We love you, Big Boy...Roofy.



 The first time he said two very scary words..."Watch this!"












He wasn't completely thrilled with our little photo shoot. :)
This is Aiden in a deep voice saying "No moe pitures, Momma".


4 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday little man :)
    From the three G's

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know you know this already but he is seriously, SO cute! I have a soft spot for those big brown eyes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love his little argyle shirt! We just laughed all the way home from church with the kids taking turns doing Aiden impersonations! We all were laughing to hard, the kids out-doing one another. Trevor can nail him. He's such a cutie, a real gift!

    ReplyDelete
  4. No moe pitures, Momma - haha! He is absolutely adorable, cannot believe he is to. Makes me a tiny bit sad, because I keep thinking of him as a baby - and he's not - and that makes me realize that in just about 1 year my little one will be his age, and I won't have a baby anymore, either! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the world.