Wednesday, May 1, 2013

April Goals Review



*Read through the Bible in a year.  I'm on track with this and really enjoying it.  The chronological plan is definitely the way to go!

*Memorize 24 scriptures this year.  The kids and I memorized Proverbs 29:11: A foolish person lets his anger run wild, but the wise man keeps himself under control. 


and John 15:9: As the Father loved me, I also have loved you; abide in my love.

Abide.  That word really caught my attention at church several weeks ago and I've been dwelling on it.

*Declutter one room each month.  This month was the girls room and, actually I feel like this could be done monthly.  Where and how do they accumulate all this stuff??

*Answer my family with a smile.  I felt like I did pretty good with this.  When the four of them are asking rapid-fire questions, all at the same time, it gets a little tricky. :)  Here is the conversation I have with Aiden MANY times a day.

 Hey Mom?  Yes?  Umm...Mom?  Yes?  Mom, can I ask you a question?  Sure.  Well, um..Mom, well...Mom?  Yes?  Did you know I love you?

*Read two books each month.  Two books this month, though I can't help feeling like I've missed one or two.  Both were worth the read.


Until We Reach Home, Lynn Austin

The Pact, Jodi Picoult

*Run a half and a full marathon.  I ran a half marathon earlier in March.  My official time was 1:59:32.

I am registered for the Full Marathon this month and I can scarcely believe its nearly here.  A week ago I began to taper, which is the process of backing way down on mileage, to get my body ready for what is to come.

Speaking of what is to come, its difficult to think about the actual marathon, so I've tried to focus on each day's run as it happens.  This month I did two 20 mile runs.  The second one went much better than the first, particularly the recovery after.   I'm figuring out how to eat during and after, and that's helped.




My achilles injury seems to be better, I've even worn sneakers a couple times.  I had some strange leg pain for several days, but not when I was running.  

Total miles run in April : 148

*Write 52 notes of encouragement, thinking of you.  Three notes this month.

*Clear off my desk each evening.  Ten times.  I made sure to clean it off before we left for Florida, and that helped.  :)

*Spend 15 minutes a day working on a project.  One.  My focus has completely shifted from this house to the new, and I've really got to get back to chipping away at the packing here.  It is, in fact, going to happen and acting like its not is simply not a good plan.  

Here's to a renewed effort this month!
*At least two dates/month.  I would say we did one and a half.  We watched a movie together and we've had several nice pockets of time to talk about the house.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the world.