Tuesday, September 12, 2017

Project 365, Week 37

Our Fall got well underway this week, with homework and activities and bedtimes. Five busy kids is...busy, but its also fun  and full of blessings. I know better than to wish even one day away. Instead, I want to purposefully enjoy it. 

September 4
Shaun and the girls had spent a very rainy day playing in a soccer tournament the day before so everything had to get dried out...this is the only picture evidence that I have of the weekend tournament. :)


While my aunt was in the area for Lobster Fest, she arranged for she and my mom to visit the home of their late grandparents, which is currently on the market and was an important piece of their childhood. It was built in the 1700's and some of it has been preserved, like this incredible fireplace.


September 5
Jared is back at UCONN, so we stopped in to see him. From his dorm we can see J's new high school, which is convenient! While there, he swiped us all through for dinner in his dining hall. The kids were amazed that his friend was eating ice cream with his dinner, not after it.


Our two household Red Sox fans got to go to Fenway!! As it turned out, the game went into extra innings...NINETEEN total innings, making it the second longest game in the 100+ years of Fenway history. They, and 700 other crazy dedicated fans stayed for the entirety of the game, getting home at 4AM!



September 6
It was H's birthday, so we picked him up and took him out to dinner. Among his gifts was a photo book I made of his 18 months here. Having a nice evening with him made us miss him, though he seems to be doing well.


September 7
Every year, towards the end of September, we like to do a Girls Night Out at a restaurant on the Connecticut River. I'm so thankful for friends who inspire, challenge and keep me accountable, and who are just fun to be with!



September 8
This is the time of year when I probably make my kids nuts, exclaiming more than usual about the pure loveliness of our surrounding. New England in the fall is an international destination spot and we live here!

September 9
This day had four soccer games, a horse show and several other activities. I'm just getting me feet wet with the whole horse world...there was a pre-show dinner we attended this week and I was amazed by the things I heard from other parents...the level of commitment, the amount of money, the community. Its all a little crazy to me, but J's passion and love for it makes it easier. And I'll just have to be the queen of "no". No to the 15th bake sale of the month, no to the extra additional riding lesson of the week. But...I was so proud of her this weekend!



September 10
We had an end-of-season picnic at our house with the softball team on a beautiful day!


The crowd cleared out early enough for me to be able to see Amanda's game, my first of the season.




2 comments:

Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the world.