Sunday, July 22, 2018

Project 365, Week 28

I love summer and all that goes with it. We've been in a weird space waiting for a final decision from the bank on our new house, after a nearly two-month process but in the meantime we're culling and packing and generally clearing out, a good practice to do every so often. We're also trying to enjoy the little thrills that summer brings, like water and green grass and late nights and time with friends. Life is good.

July 9
I grabbed the kids for a group photo before we took Little K (who we had on respite) back to his home. I find it more difficult to see the little ones go....I wish I could hold onto them so they don't have to go through what they go through between now and the time in life we normally get them. He's almost exactly Aiden's age and they have such different lives....so much I don't understand and don't know, so I choose to focus on what I do know.



July 10
Avery took this picture at Shaun's softball game. So sweet.


July 11
I promised myself that when the May scans and blood work came back I would have my medi-port taken out. It will seem foolish to anyone who hasn't been there, but I was quite attached to having it. Back in 2014, getting it put in was one of my first cancer procedures. It gave me a sense of security, knowing it was going to save me from many sticks in my veins (which is completely irrational, because a needle in the port hurts worse than in a vein, for what it matters).

Anyway, the nurses were all excited for me, reminding me it wasn't just another surgery/procedure in a long string, it is a sign that we are done. And that is something to be very happy about!


I got to spend the evening on a boat, on the water with some of my favorite people, a lovely close to the day.

And I thought to myself, this day sums up life so well. There will be stripping clothes to put on a hospital gown because of cancer and there will be a kiss goodbye from a good man who loves well as I head into (yet another) surgery. And there will be days when kids obey and use manners and get along and there will be days when they fight and sin and argue. And there will be times to smell the salt air as the wind whips through your hair on a perfectly lovely summer night. And there will be people who will inspire you and encourage you and there will be difficult people who make you crazy. There will be drive-thru meals on the go and there will be leisurely meals filled with good food and rich conversation.

There are not good seasons or bad seasons of life, there is just life. And there's always good and there's always bad. And God is in it all. And we can have joy through it all. I'm so very grateful for life....it is ALL grace.


July 12
I love watching kids play in water...its such a pure form of joy. (Especially at a splash park ;)



July 13
Happy Birthday to my sweet 9-year old!! What better way to get the day started??




Incredible 2 at the drive-in with some cousins.


July 14
I took the boys to the dump and noted how different they are than the girls I usually bring. The boys took great joy in smashing each item they threw in the dumpster. :)


We met my brother and sister at my mom's campground for a special Christmas in July event.


July 15
Shaun and K sat down to go over budgets and cars and other adult things.


He's a really great dad.


I took the kids to see R and the baby...he's a month old now and seems pretty chill.






4 comments:

  1. Beautiful post, Lisa. --- Aiden's shirt is a constant theme this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent reminder about life being ups and downs, good and bad and yet God is right there in it all. How utterly grateful we are for our strong God who goes before and behind us through it all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This post brought me to tears. Your words are beautiful and a perfect reminder what life is really all about.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the world.