Monday, June 19, 2023

Project 365, Week 23

It was a big, important week for our family as we celebrated our firstborn's high school graduation!

June 5
It was finals week so Avery didn't need to go to school, other than for graduation rehearsal and Amanda was only there for half days, if that. 

Avery has finalized her decision to go to the community college close to us. In Connecticut its free, as long as she goes directly there after high school. She's in a program with UCONN so all her credits will transfer seamlessly. She'll be able to live at home and save so that in four years or less she'll have her Bachelor's and be debt free.

She and I went to learn about the registration process and make sure we had accurate information.


So much yard work. I took a picture because it was rare that all of us were working together, at the same time.


June 6
Because of the finals schedule, I did lots of school drop off/pickups this week. I walked the dog leaving from the school instead of going home to walk so I experienced different routes. I found a very peaceful praying garden, with happy peonies, so I lingered.



June 7
Avery helped me rid the porch of winter dust and spring pollen.


The boys were working to resolve some drainage issues.


June 8
I knew Avery would be away for six hours at work, so Amy, Amanda and I started on food and got the decorating done so that it was a surprise waiting for her. She is a huge fan of Mexican, so we went with that theme throughout.




June 9
Yard work, cooking, baking, office...lots of prep work and excitement. It brings me so much joy to serve in this way.



June 10
Graduation Day!! She did it and I will post separately but gosh...I'm so happy to see this day and so proud of her. Smart and beautiful. :)


June 11
Jack had his graduation the night before and his party was this day. It was a beautiful day to be outside with some of our favorite people. So many happy celebrations!












No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the world.