Saturday, August 19, 2023

August's 10 on 10


10 pictures on the 10th day (Thursday) of the month! 
{Document a snapshot of your life...find beauty among the ordinary things in your day!}

I start my day with a loyal dog at my feet and a faithful Jesus. To be clear, its not because I'm spiritual. The opposite is true. Its actually because very quickly I forget how big God is. I forget that I am the created one and He is the Creator. I begin to think that my way is best and that I am in control. 

Staying close to Jesus is the only way I have love, joy, peace, patience...


Be stronger than your excuses has hung in my home gym for many years. Simple statement, but powerful when put into practice. Its meaningful to me that Aiden and I get to workout side-by-side (definitely not together though 😉)


I dropped Amanda off at soccer conditioning. Since it was only 45 minutes, I brought Ginger and we walked. Often I use my (first generation??) Garmin. It causes me to remember a time in my life when I was running marathon miles and was actively working on bettering my pace. The easy thought path would be one of regret and sadness that running is no longer part of my life, but I choose to do the work of gratitude that today, I can still lace up my shoes and walk, a privilege so many don't have.


We finally found time to meet with our family counselor after missing most of the summer. In trying to find an available date, I realized it had been two months, since the last week of school, that the five of us were home together for an entire week. What a gift it has been to meet with Heather of TruthWorks. She has gently walked us through many hard and sacred conversations. We are growing in our understanding of ourselves and each other.


My office orchids have been pretty happy about life.


I had put off an oil change, but a road trip the next day was the push I needed. It definitely was more than 10 minutes, but this place is always easy to work with and professional.


Since I was in the same town where Shaun was working at our apartment building, I stopped in to check progress and say hi. The smell of sheetrock dust, saw dust and fresh paint brings back a flood of memories of our decades of remodeling together.


My plan for dinner was to grill, but the rain was heavier than a drizzle.


These two spent a couple hours hanging out and chatting together. Unusual for them, which is why I took a picture. 


It was a tough day physically, so I was in bed earlier than usual.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the world.