Friday, April 19, 2024

Project 365, Week 14

April is so, so hard and April is wonderful! For our family it means the final push of tax season and also the end and moving on of it. 

April 1
The calendar turned and I hadn't filled in the month with birthdays and appointments and practices. I was surprised that more than one kid commented. For all their life, I've posted a color-coded family calendar in the kitchen. Many foster kids articulated the comfort it brought them, knowing there was a known plan and a routine, which I thought was interesting. Its actually the things.


April 2
Awesome sister, stupid treatment. We took a break for the two procedures and I used all my powers to stretch out the break but I could hold them back no longer. Number 36.


April 3
No picture, but this one popped up a couple days earlier. Sweetness!


April 4
My view didn't change much. It was nice to have Easter flowers still around.


April 5
Aiden said, Mom did you see we're reading Hannah's story today? Aiden's middle name Samuel comes from this chapter. :)

"I asked the Lord to give me this child, and he has granted my request. 
Now I am giving him to the Lord, and he will belong to the Lord his whole life.”


April 6
This girl has been working so hard, trying to balance all the things. She stopped by the office to work on some tax returns after waitressing all day. Because of changes that were made mid-season, we are often short on workstations. This evening she used her dad's computer for a bit.


Last game of the indoor season and Aiden considered it a big game because his indoor team was playing against a team made up of his high school teammates. Check out that goalie in the air making a save.


April 7
On Sundays the office is closed so the kids go over to take out garbages and clean and work on projects. It's a very important and underrated job.




 

2 comments:

  1. That picture of little Aiden made me smile. One of my FB memories recently was me sharing a photo of a kid wearing a cape on your wall.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a shot of Aiden in the air!!! And the flashback to his early years!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the world.