Choosing joy is never about denying reality and you acknowledge that that life is hard, but life is also good. Joy is not separate from hardship. There is joy, there is goodness, even in hard things. There are hard things in joyous things. Life is not one note. ~Katherine Wolf
I'm choosing joy, I'm choosing gratitude, on purpose. God give me eyes to see.
July 6
View from my favorite napping spot!
July 7
The girls checked in from Senior High Camp, where they were watching the youth pastor's three kids.
July 8
For a while now, my computer has been too old to accept any updates, which was fine until it wasn't. It has been a headache-y process in a first-world-problems kind of way, but I'm working through it, with Shaun's kind support. This day my new computer arrived.
July 9
Training up the next generation to love the dump.
July 10
Its nice to have a quiet house and its nice to get the kids back from camp.
July 11
I can't get enough of the morning sun lighting up the hydrangeas.
We got some good projects done at the lake while getting good time with the kids.
July 12
When we were teenagers, a wealthy elderly lady employed us to help care for her, her rental properties and the grounds of her lake house...countless hours over many years. Eventually, we bought a boat and had full use of her place on the lake. We loved sharing it with friends and spending lazy Sunday afternoons there. It got in us and a dream was born of someday owning our own place on a lake.
Now, more than 30 years later, we're here on a lake, living that dream that began so many years ago, coupled with Shaun's vision of carrying on his grandfather's legacy with the great-grandchildren.
The truth is, I didn't think I'd live to see our dream through. But here I am, and I'm taking it all in with great gratitude.
I love watching my two boys together.
Everyone together makes my heart happy (which does not necessarily mean everyone is happy đŸ˜‰).















No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the world.