Monday, September 21, 2026

Project 365, Week 38

I duck out of life for a week with treatment and then hop back in and its becomes increasingly overwhelming to fit two weeks of life into one, and with limited capacity. My best is what I'm giving it and that has to be enough. I turn my heart to gratitude and try to stay in the "I get to" headspace.

September 14
Nathan and Aiden completed the new office space and were moving cabinets, hanging signs, etc. Amazing the transformation that happened in two weeks. They did such a great job!


Speaking of building projects, this is our church's new campus-in-the-making. Shaun and Aiden worked up a good sweat helping with some heavy lifting.  Someday soon we'll be having church in this room.


September 15
From the rising of the sun...


...to the going down of the same, the name of the Lord is to be praised.


September 16
Shenanigans and office re-arranging


September 17
Coffee and ground school work at the crack of dawn.


September 18
I'm getting to know the staff at the local cancer center. I've had cancer longer than most of them have been working in oncology so I imagine my appointments go differently than the average. 


Excited for another season of Teen Bible Quiz. Kind of unbelievably, this is the 10th year for Aiden and me. It has been a great joy. 


The insanity of the week is not represented in pictures but you could ask, how crazy was it? It was so crazy that Shaun asked me on date so we could see and talk to each other AND I did not say let's just stay home. 😉 


September 19
Much of my week was spent being a part of money-making opportunities for Daisy. Lots of cleaning, painting, yard work in various places. This day it lined up to work with Shaun and Aiden, too.


September 20
I've come to expect that some rogue items will make my to-do list the day before treatment days. The strangest things become imperative, almost always related in some way to my house. This day it was decorating for fall. 


Check-in photo from the host of the football Sunday boys crew. Football in the rain!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the world.