Tuesday, October 12, 2010

The Orchard

'Tis the season for orchard pictures!  We made our annual trek out to the middle of NO where and enjoyed free hayrides, cider, donuts and cousin time.  It was a bit surreal and also a great treat to have my brother and his family there with us.  Very strange to have done a day-trip with them.  But oh!  The 14 cousins were just beside themselves with glee!  





 We also ran into the other side of our family...Uncle Nathan and Auntie
 and Alayna and Eny.





Knowing the orchard has many photo-op stations set up, I thought I might try to get a decent picture of the kids, possibly even for our Christmas card.  The night before, I broached the subject with Avery of maybe me helping them pick out some coordinating outfits for the next day.  She said Well Mom, we already picked out our clothes.  Do you want to see?  

So I went up to their room to find that they each had an outfit laid out at the foot of their bed, with everything including shoes and jewelry.  To top it off when I walked in the bathroom I saw that they'd laid out matching hair bows with a comb and gel.  I simply did not have the heart to overrule any of that effort.  So...here's what we have.  These are my top three...which one do you think I should use for the Christmas card? :)  Thinking I'll be making another attempt.


Yet he has not left himself without testimony: He has shown kindness by giving you rain from heaven and crops in their seasons; he provides you with plenty of food and fills your hearts with joy.

Acts 14:17

7 comments:

  1. Your girls crack me up! Seeing as my girl was a tomboy, I can not wrap my mind around them laying out their clothes and hair bows AND gel!!

    My vote is for the 3rd one. Avery's smile is so sweet and I love Amanda and Aiden with the apple...it is an apple right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. i like that "middle of nowhere"! that's where i live - haha! these are some fun pictures - looks like you had a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the first one! Aiden is looking up at his sister so sweetly. Honestly, I would totally use that as a Christmas card photo because it's so real and shows their personalities. What fun you all must have had! We love pumpkin season too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. fun fun fun !!!!! I love your pictures with three kiddos ad I like the first one - love how Aiden is looking at Avery :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fall has some of the most fun activities! Looks like a blast!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the world.