Tuesday, May 30, 2017

Project 365, Week 22

This week held much heartache and stress and worry and questioning and hurt. At one point I even began bargaining talks with God, thinking maybe instead of doing foster care, we could sell all our worldly possessions and become missionaries to Africa. Alas, we're still here plugging along and still have all our couches. ;)


May 22
I joined Amanda's field trip to our state capitol...it was interesting and we had fun hanging together. 


Amanda's favorite part was looking up at the ceiling.


Besties.


The senator spent over an hour with us, answering the kids questions and just hanging. Amanda left very inspired by her.

So fun to see these kids frolicking at the park and the girls tumbling and rolling in their jumpers.


May 23
Shaun and I attended a work breakfast/meeting and then we went to foster parent appreciation luncheon with our agency.I put up with all his whining about a picture together so I could have this. ;)


May 24
I didn't take a picture this day, it was difficult.



May 25
Another hard day but I loved the simplicity of this scene (and the sweet mis-matched pjs) when I walked in the kitchen.

May 26
No picture again.













May 27
Somehow we got to the point where my girls are capable of taking care of babies. We love cousins!


May 28
Crazy kids, "helping" at the other house. We got laughing about "the raccoon story". When we lived in this house, Avery's bed was right next to the window they are in front of. When she was supposed to be sleeping, she used to look out onto the sidewalk and street to see what she could see. One time when she did that, she came face-to-face with a raccoon! Scared her senseless. :)




3 comments:

  1. I'm sorry you had such a rough week. Hopefully this one has gone much better.

    P.S. You & your man still look awfully cute together :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The meme on your no picture day is...just...wow! Super heavy / convicting / inspiring/ scary / intimidating...I'm not quite sure... but, alas...you have all your couches and I'm proud of you.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the world.