Thursday, September 6, 2018

Project 365, Week 35

We breathed a deep sigh of relief when the respite kids left after 10 days and got to work putting our lives back together and figuring out which end is up. On Sunday, Shaun took our family out to lunch after church and we did a family de-briefing on the good, bad and ugly of our time with the kids and then we went school shopping. It was healing to get the day together.  And then, just like that, a new school year and soccer season started.

August 26
Avery's been helping out at Junior Bible Quiz and this was her first week as Quiz Master. She did such a great job!


Aiden scored highest in the match, but had his shorts on backwards. :)


One of our new neighbors extended an invitation to our family for a backyard BBQ.


August 27
We walked the halls of the middle school, learning how to do the locker combination and finding classrooms to make the first day of school a little less awkward. Avery is taking a class in the high school and it was cool to see my kids walk the halls where their dad spent his four years of high school.


A beautiful evening for Girls Night Out, also healing and refreshing. I'm thankful for people in my life who support me and challenge me, encourage me and inspire me.


August 28
Mom fail, episode 1,832. I took Aiden to his school for Meet-the-Teacher day, only it happened the day before. We were able to explore his classroom anyway and after we shared our hearts over ice cream.

August 29
What is more beautiful than seeing your husband praying over your children? It was an emotion day for us, so many firsts and plenty of hard on the horizon but the kids squared their shoulders and went out bravely.



All of these years we've walked to school, but now the we're in the 'burbs, everyone has a bus ride.







August 30
With the blessed routine of fall comes the return of reading together at night, at least for me, Amanda and Aiden.


August 31
Shaun is coaching Aiden U10 boys comp team. He's adjusting after having coached girls for the past couple years. News flash...boys and girls are different. ;)


September 1
Lobster fest weekend kickoff!


September 2
I don't want to brag, but I think our family silly-face game is on point! Love these people!




3 comments:

  1. I breathed easier reading this week's post compared to last week's! The pics of Shaun praying for the kids got me good! A little jarring to see their 1st day pics uniform-less! Believing it's going to be a great year for them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I completely agree with Meg on the uniforms! Missed seeing Aiden guy in his tie, but yay for new seasons and adventures. I have no doubt those three are going to be a light! The silly face pic has me dying. Trevor, Trey, and Johnny were my favs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh that last picture is good! --- WOW...so many changes!!! A LOT all at once. But you guys have certainly raised kids who know how to roll with what comes to them. They're well-adjusted and so grounded. The prayer huddle is beautiful and the bus.... so much new! Brave kids!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the world.