Thursday, September 13, 2018

Project 365, Week 36

Labor Day kicked off this week, leaving just four school days. It was good to continue to settle into our new routines, new schools, new house. Lots of new, but every one seems to be taking it in stride.

September 4
Working through Algebra homework. Having kids with Math homework is a daily reminder to me how thankful I am that I married Shaun. ;)

September 5
New school, new classroom, new library of books. Aiden's been reading about four a week and feels like he won the lottery, I think.

September 6
Its nice having Jared so close to us while he's in school.

September 7
Youth group had a special rally/fall kickoff night. Two of the kids brought friends from school and I spent the evening in prayer for the whole lot of them. Jesus is THE difference maker.

September 8
First weekend of soccer. This fall season we chose to continue playing with our old town. Its a really good program (which is not the case in the new town) and we've been with these families for years. This year the girls are playing together on the same comp team and Shaun is coaching Aiden's comp team for the first time. Sorry ahead of time that there will be lots of soccer pics for the next eight weeks....watching them run around and be healthy and strong, while navigating team dynamics and personal challenges fills me with deep awe and gratitude.





She started out frustrated but by the time they'd walked the length of two fields, she was laughing. Such a good daddy.

Cousins came to watch game #2, though I'm pretty sure most of them didn't watch at all. ;) They sure are cute though. :)



The older girls were gone for the weekend at a wedding so we got a few hours of "just us five" time. We do our to "push our chairs out", making the circle bigger to allow room for others, but its a sacrifice and we do it out of obedience to what we believe God has called us to. There is a very old song that I sing in my head almost daily. Part of the chorus repeats, Love is not a feeling, its an act of your will. I'm not sure if its right or wrong, common or uncommon...its not something we dwell on in the day-to-day of life, we all feel extra special when its "just us".

September 9
This sweet girl is moving across the country to pursue her dreams and use her talents. My sister opened her home so people could filter through and say their goodbyes and best wishes.



2 comments:

  1. Oh man - I canNOT believe Maddie is old enough to move away. I still think of her as about 12 years old.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a week! Still can't comprehend all of the 'new' you are navigating. You're a champ! Thanks for helping with the Open House! You're a rockstar in the sacrificial love department. I have so much to learn from you! ...like when on earth did you dig up that song??!?! Haha! Also, I can imagine that yellow bus is a happy part of your day.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the world.