Wednesday, October 24, 2018

Project 365, Week 41

Lots of fall this week and it was nice to have the kids home for a couple days. Talking, albeit delicately, amongst our household finally resumed, which was a relief. I look for blessings and try to see what God can teach me through the struggle. Hard times draw me closer to him and strip me of the delusion that I am self-sufficient and strong. When I made aware that I am weak, then I can use the endless resources that Jesus offers and I'm stronger than I ever could be on my own. Fully reliant is a very good place to be.

October 8
A favorite tradition of the year, meeting family at the orchard. It was cold and drizzly and the "pumpkin patch" was a little sketchy, but we still had a good time. It was sweet to see how the kids paired off.










October 9
The kids had the day off of school. We've gotten a free trial of the local newspaper and its been a hit. Funny that its now a rare sight to see someone reading a physical paper.

Avery also got invited to meet some classmates at the mall for some shopping. So big!


October 10
Since being sick, I've been especially enamored with "the circle of life" in nature. I just think its so beautiful.


October 11
Aiden wakes up just after the girls have left, so we get some quiet time with him before school.


October 12
Our foster son R's girlfriend had a baby in June. Since then, they've struggled. We've gone to see the baby a couple times and I talk to R on the phone several times a month. Earlier in this week I phoned in to a meeting with DCF regarding the fate of the baby. R is not allowed to see the baby right now, so the mom is trying to handle things by herself. Over the course of the 2-hour phone call, my empathy grew for her. And I wondered...

What if. What if someone came alongside her and helped her and supported her and cheered for her. What if that was enough to get her through this difficult time without losing her baby to the state. So I reached out to her and offered and she jumped on it, very gratefully. So, we got to enjoy the smiles of a 3-month old for the weekend so she could work and be social and just get a break.


This week we were in the midst of dealing with the tension in our home with our current placement, we were discouraged that we are involved with a second generation baby and disheartened from an update on H's situation. Shaun and I really started to ask why. WHY are we doing this? We are we investing so many resources, giving our best, and this is where we are. Why?

And then, a text from Z in response to the birthday gift I'd sent the week before. Oh yeah, THIS is why. Ok...totally worth it. :)


October 13
The girls' team is in the run for the state cup. We drove an hour for a 9 o'clock game in the cold rain, with a baby. Ah...the things we do for love!


Later, the skies cleared.


October 14
The sunrise was all kinds of spectacular and I knew God put it there, just for me....my soul was filled.


After Junior Bible Quiz we headed out to Aiden's soccer game and then the girls.


My aunt and uncle were in town for a few days visiting from Idaho. Even though it was short, it was SO good to see them.





6 comments:

  1. I'm just speechless over that text from Izaya...the words, the sentiment, the TIMING...!!! What a gift! Thankful for your perseverance, even in the hard. You guys run your race so, so well. Love you lots.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, that text from Z is just pure gold. You guys are making a difference!!! And good for you for coming alongside K and cheering for her. You're doing a good work!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my! The text for Z just about did me in. You guys are such an incredible light. Praying for you and for some of the crazy to subside.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That was just beautiful. Isn't it just like God to encourage you in your calling in such a powerful way when you needed it most? Wow.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my heart, the text from Z was beautiful!!! Thank you God for blessing Lisa and Shaun with that this week right when they needed it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hugs and love, in the beauty and in the hard.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the world.