Wednesday, October 10, 2018

Project 365, Week 39

I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world. John 16:33

The latter part of this week had many trials and sorrows and we failed miserably at the "take heart" part. There was much pain, on multiple fronts, with things related to foster care. Pain, suffering, trials...they are not new to me, but its still hard.

September 24
Extra special game because the girls' school was playing the school from the town where their town team is....basically, they were playing against all their teammates. 


J spent most of her birthday afternoon at the barn, but we snuck in a little celebration when she got home.


September 25
On Tuesday evenings I'm out running the girls. The boys enjoy getting time together, taking advantage of the quiet house (picture taken the following day as the game continued).


September 26
I worked the book fair at Aiden's school. I looked in on his classroom just before dismissal and he was deep into a book, just as I thought I'd find him. He's working through 4-5 chapter books a week. Any book suggestions??


Amanda and I worked together to prepare a meal for our neighbor who had surgery. Our family was the recipient of meals for so long, I always consider it a privilege to be the giver.


September 27
So much fell apart this day. It struck me as we were watching the girls play soccer that the sky, the day was so beautiful, even in the midst of heartache.


September 28
Sweet snuggle time with my guy as I taught him Suduko.


September 29
After church, Shaun took one set of kids and I took another. I went to the grocery store while I waited for Amanda's activity to finish and I relished the alone time, listening to a life-giving podcast. Rosaria Butterfield is new-ish to me and I can't hear/read enough of her. In my pain, her words encouraged me:

The Word of God does not come back void, but it has to travel on the back of something. And in a post-Christian world, it is going to travel on our backs. We are going to be bridges. And bridges get walked on.  

There is no way to put the hand of the stranger into the hand of the Savior without getting close enough to get hurt.


September 30
A quick respite from the tension in our house, outside playing with the dog.



1 comment:

Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the world.