Saturday, June 8, 2019

Project 365, Week 22

Such a fun week with lots of celebrating! Thankful for our country, our marriage, our family.

May 27
We spent the morning honoring the fact that it was Memorial Day. Shaun showed the kids around the town green and the cemetery where we have some family.




The afternoon was quiet with some porch-sittin'. We don't have a set tradition on Memorial Day so we spent some time arguing about what we should do with an open afternoon.

We ended up going to pick up J from the barn all together. On the way we stopped at a field for batting practice, which ended with a parents vs. kids baseball game. Parents won by a bunch, in case anyone cares. And in our family, I'm the only one who does not care who wins. ;)


May 28
Met up with some neighbor friends to plan the summer kickoff block party. Its been so great getting to know everyone!


May 29
Up at 4am to head to the city for my 6-month checkup. The scans and bloodwork were clear and by the surgeon and oncologist are very pleased with things. We are so incredibly thankful for the care we received at Sloan Kettering and thankful to be where we're at now. My surgeon promised to get me to my kids' high school graduations and its looking good!


Since we had to be in the city anyway, we decided to make a little getaway out of it and celebrate our wedding anniversary. Shaun planned it all out and it was just perfect! If I'm part of the planning process, things tend to get slashed because I don't like spending money. So for instance, if Shaun suggests doing a nice restaurant, I counter with settling for peanut butter crackers in the hotel room. But since it was already set, I couldn't protest, but just enjoy. It was SUCH a special time of being together, of expressing our love and gratefulness for this adventure, of talking about the past and what the future might hold.





May 30
Happy 25th Anniversary to us! I used to think a silver anniversary was for old people. Now I know I was wrong. :)


May 31
We took the same boy for respite who we had last weekend.


June 1
We celebrated Maddy's high school graduation. So now I have four nieces/nephews who have graduated from high school. I used to think people who had nieces/nephews old enough to be high school graduates were old. Now I know I was wrong. ;)!

It was lowkey and lovely.







June 2
Another mom sent me this...these are most of the neighborhood boys who hang together. They walk or ride their bikes to each others houses. So fun!


Sisters and sweet friends and teammates and former classmates.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the world.