Monday, June 3, 2019

Project 365, Week 21

As I was putting together this week I thought, nice...that was pretty normal! It was, but also mixed with not normal. Which seems to just be the way we do things, which mostly I'm ok with, except for the times I'm not. In a heart to heart this week a kid asked, why can't we just be normal? Before launching into some of the whys, I had to agree that sometimes I too long for normal. But mostly I'm amazed that God has chosen to use me in all of my inadequate-ness.

May 20
Cotton candy sunset view from the hot tub. #rough life


May 21
Aiden asked if I would chaperone his field trip to Mystic Seaport.  We had such a special time together, plus I got to know several of the boys in his class. He loves history and was all about reading the map and guiding us around. I'm so thankful to have the flexibility to do things like that with the kids.

I also talked with his teacher extensively on the bus ride. Hopefully it reassured her that Aiden is loved and cared for even though: he rarely showers, he wears the same clothes over and over, he barely eats his lunch and his reading log is hardly ever filled in. ;)






May 22
He'll be the first one to say he's the worst one on the team, but I'm super proud of the character and sportsmanship he displays.




May 23
As we anticipated, Avery kind of got "caught" in the in between this year....she's sad to be missing all the fun 8th grade activities at her old school with the kids she's know since 1st grade and doesn't yet feel close enough to the kids in her new school to really have the end of middle school celebrations be meaningful. Therefore, she opted out of the D.C. field trip. Since they didn't hold classes, I let her skip school and instead she went with me to do annual scans. We had such a fun day together!


And we were back in time for soccer, the first game I've been able to make it to this season.



May 24
At youth group, the kids had an opportunity to perform what they did for Fine Arts back in March.





May 25
Over the weekend we did respite for another foster family. Avery was intentional about engaging with him.


While Shaun had the boys at baseball, the girls and I went to the store and bought the baby clothes, diapers, etc. They had a little too much fun.


Spreading another truck load of mulch, with lots of helpers. :)


May 26
Early morning snuggles and singing and bird watching outside where we wouldn't wake up the house on a Sunday morning.


When a friend is sick and can't get out, you bring the Memorial Day picnic to them. Amanda and her friend were pretending to wash the cars so they could get wet...I think Shaun ended up doing the actual work of it though.


Dressed for the day! :)



1 comment:

  1. Isn't the Seaport awesome? We loved having season passes for a couple years. It never got old. Always felt like the best little day trip to Mystic!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the world.