Thursday, January 30, 2020

Project 365, Week 4



January 20
The kids enjoyed a day off from school for Martin Luther King Day and took advantage by having sleepovers. Baby D watched Nathanael's hockey game with much interest and enthusiasm. :)







January 21
Aiden started a skills clinic that is just once a week.


January 22
I think often about how much of life in ordinary and mundane. There is so much beauty to me in daily faithfulness... of doing things over and over again, largely unseen.


January 23
I wasn't feeling great in the morning but went to work. By 10:30, I was laying on the office floor, waiting for my previously scheduled meeting at noon. As soon as that was done I went home and stayed in my bed or on the couch for the next several days with a fever and all that comes with it.


January 24
My sweet little buddy was content to stay close, reading or doing screens. We all have low-grade fear when I get sick. At one point Aiden tentatively asked me when I'd be going to the hospital. :(

January 25
It was inconvenient timing to be so sick because we'd committed to doing respite for two little girls for the weekend and I'd committed to responsibilities in all four weekend services at church...I felt so bad having to call out of everything.

January 26
My fever broke sometime in the night and I woke up able to be upright. I sprayed and washed and laundered and thanked God I was alive.




1 comment:

  1. Sorry you were so sick. That's so sad to me that Aiden asked when you'd be going to the hospital.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the world.