Tuesday, February 11, 2020

Project 365, Week 5

This week was saying a final goodbye and then losing my friend who's had cancer for several years. She was 37 and had to leave her husband and two teen boys. I don't understand it all. But I trust and believe that this was not the end for her, but instead the beginning of life in eternity, where all the good and true things we enjoy here on earth are super-sized beyond what we can imagine.

January 27
I think they were watching the latest Dude Perfect video.


January 28
I was walking the track, listening to a podcast but when I stopped to watch Aiden for a few minutes I noticed he kept glancing my way to make sure I was watching. So I set up a post and watched him do his thing, thankful he notices and appreciates my presence and support.

January 29
My helper in the kitchen. :)


January 30
The delight and torment of a trip to the library...where to begin??


January 31
Walking the literal and proverbial path of life with a friend. We didn't solve anything, but fresh air and time spent together made things bearable for some moments. We were made for community...to celebrate the good times and to bear each others burdens during the hard.


February 1
Amanda planned a Super Bowl party with a group of friends from church. I wanted it to be a special thing for us to do together, so I breathed in patience over and over and over.

Side note: after we took this picture she touched my checks and asked if I'd ever thought about plastic surgery or some type of injection as she marveled about how loose the skin on my cheeks is. Ha! My only experience with a plastic surgeon is the one who did my final(ish) cancer surgery and he left an 8-inch scar. Also, when you come very close to dying and then you live, loose skin and wrinkles are a reminder that you get to get old.


February 2
Finally the day arrived and the party was a success! Our methods are different but it was sweet to watch Amanda put so much care into making it perfect.





1 comment:

  1. I'm so very sorry for the loss of your friend. I'm holding the grief of this loss alongside you.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the world.