Monday, March 30, 2020

Project 365, Week 13

Such a crazy week! The world is a strange place right now. For the kids, it was the first official week of Distance Learning. Previous to this, we had not given the kids wifi access in the house, there was just one community device available for them to use in the kitchen. Now, they all have their own ChromeBooks and are on the internet a large portion of their day. Ugh!! 

At work, the filing deadline was extended 90-days and we switched to a drop-off only policy, either in person or electronically. Many of the in-person ones are people I meet curbside. For the ones who have fear in their eyes, I take a few extra moments to speak into them what I know to be true...we will get through this.


March 23
I walked in from work and smiled. Someone had been out sledding in the half inch of slushy snow we'd gotten. My kids, although deeply saddened by our lack of overall snow this year, definitely took advantage of every single flake when it did fall.


March 24
Youth leaders and kids met up  via Zoom.


Avery's school area.


Games by the dozens.


I wore my happy socks...it IS a choice.


March 25
Even before I left for work Aiden was checking in with school and making things happen.


School zone #2.


For the second week Teen Bible Quiz met on Facetime. We are working through Hebrews and its been such an amazing experience working with this group. They are fun and insightful and engaged.


March 26
With 10 minutes notice we sent out an invite to the neighborhood to join us on one of our walking loops. So many of the parents are trying to do conference calls or string two thoughts together...its a tough transition.


Love, love our family time in the hot tub. I asked for a picture this night because it was all six of us together. J has been practicing social distancing from our family for many months, but on this rare occasion she came down from her room and joined our evening. It was nice and the kids especially were delighted to have her around.


March 27
The early-morning temperature read 45 but it felt warmer out on the porch. Coffee, Jesus and singing birds excited for spring, utterly unaware that things are not as they should be...life is good.


While the moms walked and talked, the kids came up with a no contact game that they happily played. Such a beautiful evening!


Youth group.


March 28
I only worked for a couple hours so I had much of the day. I was alone doing yardwork until I suggested a power tool. Then I had a helper who was all in :)


Church! At one point our pastor invited us to kneel together to pray for our world, our nation. Shaun huddled us together, right there in our living room...it was a holy moment as we prayed for the world.

if my people who are called by my name humble themselves, and pray 
and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from 
heaven and will forgive their sin and heal their land 
2 Chronicles 7:14



It is finished!! 3000 pieces, March 1-28.


March 29
It was a delightfully quiet day at home with a soft rain falling.


As I was checking on the apple crisp, Shaun came up and hugged me and probably told me he is thankful that I am here, living and breathing, as he often does. (We are all of the mushy, corny things.) One of the kids grabbed a picture when we weren't even aware they were paying attention. But kids are always paying attention, which makes me wish I was already the person I'm working on becoming and not the one I currently am.

Since the puzzle was finished and we had our dinner table back, we had a lovely sit down dinner, with table cloth and candles.




1 comment:

  1. That picture at the end says it all. Love it. I often also find myself outside listening to the birds and thinking how blissfully unaware they seem. It’s somehow comforting to me to know all the world keeps moving on while we’re still. Hope you are all healthy and hanging in there. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the world.