Monday, March 30, 2020

March's 10 on 10

10 pictures on the 10th day of the month (Tuesday). {Document a snapshot 
of your life; find beauty among the ordinary things in your day!}

Back on March 10th, when life was still pretty normal. I start most days with a workout on youtube, listening to a sermon or music. And my "water breaks" are actually coffee breaks. :)


And then I sit and read the Bible and often journal. Hours of deliberately feeding my heart, mind and soul good things, surrendering my life to Jesus again, asking for help every hour of the day, seeking a deep peace and joy, learning what God's love looks like so I can know it and give it.

On a "normal" Tuesday, my life is too much for me to do on my own...I'm a mess! I have to, on purpose, point my heart back to my Creator, reminding myself how big he is and that this is not all about me.

After ALL that, I'm ready to face people. ;) If you see love or kindness or peace in me, it cannot be said of me,
 I woke up like this! :)


At 7AM the girls get on the bus.


The kids are self-sufficient but I mill around, doing various chores so I can be available to help find missing shoes, study quiz questions, break up the girls arguing, or help Aiden make his sandwich.


I wait at the bus stop with Aiden...sometimes he's chatty and sometimes he's in a book too good to be social, so I just play with the dog.


I leave a candy on any made beds, because I think its an important habit to build. I smiled at Amanda's faithful friends, who have been with her through thick and thin. :)


Work.


Work.


Work.


Aiden is enjoying the one-hour, once-a-week soccer clinic and I've seen his ball skills improve and I am enjoying the podcast time. :)


When we got back, Amanda, who'd been home alone had cleared out all the winter gear and organized the coat closet. Impressive!


30-minute, one-skillet dinners are a frequent part of the rotation during the week.


As an incentive for the kids to get things done in a timely manner during the afternoon while we are at work, we agreed to watch 30 minute portions of Sound of Music. A perennial favorite!


These two are night owls and homework associates.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the world.