Saturday, November 5, 2022

Numbering Days, Week 13 & 14

Lots of life in two weeks. The cycle we're in of treatment every two weeks is strange and hard. Its also some of the sweetest, most beautiful time I've lived.  I don't expect that to make sense, particularly because I can scarcely explain it myself.






At every turn, we feel so loved and cared for and held with your prayers, texts, cards. We never feel alone, what a rare blessing that is. Thank you. 









I try to sit outside everyday for vitamin D. To be able to do that barefoot in November is a treat.


Monday I went for blood work and a CT Scan. My mind was in a good place but I kept having to remind my stomach that we were only there for a test, not treatment. :)


Then two days later we went back to New York, this time into Manhattan to review test results and get treatment. Main takeaways:

  • NO new metastasis 
  • we will continue with the current treatment "indefinitely"
  • there is more bone deterioration/fracturing from radiation
  • as a potential aid to my bones, I started receiving monthly osteoporosis medication


This guy!! He is home, he is faithful, steady, a rock for our family. He cares for me so tenderly and loves me so sweetly. We desperately want to take away each other's pain, but we can only be present in it. We've always been able to cling to each other in the trenches, teammates in the good and the bad.


It was a particularly tough five or so days. As promised, the new bone vitamins caused me to feel like I had the flu, while also sick from the chemo. Supposedly those side effects only happen the first time. We can only hope.


I've got a friend
Closer than a brother
There is no judgement
Oh, how He loves me
I've got a friend
And He is my strength
He is my portion
With me in the valley
With me in the fire
With me in the storm
His mercy's enough
His grace is sufficient
So come if you're needing
Forgiveness or healing
His mercy's enough
Oh, and this is our hope
The cross, it has spoken
Death is no more
Christ is the Lord
Oh, this is our hope
Hallelujah
We are not alone
God really loves us
God really loves us
Hallelujah
Oh, praise my soul
God really loves us
God really loves us
Let all my life testify
What a Father
What a Friend
What a Savior He is 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the world.