Monday, November 14, 2022

Project 365, Week 44

The week included two trips to New York and some really normal life. There is cancer hard and raising teens hard and running a business hard. My heart always seeks to see the good and beautiful. Its not the denial of the painful and ugly, its just a choice to see that all is grace.

True in the pouring rain, True in the crashing waves, It's true even in my pain, My heart can say
That everything is grace

October 31
My daughter tried to call me, I took this picture to let her know I was unavailable to talk. 

I've only had great nursing staff and I marvel at all the people who have chosen to make dealing with cancer patients their life's work. Pre-scan questions are comprehensive and I've answered these questions dozens upon dozens of times.


I got home in time to gather my crew and we stopped for a quick pic before we headed out the door (at this moment in time we are all within two inches of the same height and we all wear the same shoe size. Any day now Aiden's going to go right past us all though).

Our church hosted a Harvest Night and opened up our grounds to thousands in the community. The kids all manned carnival games and Amy and I supervised the inflatables volunteers. The night was well planned and implemented and unseasonably warm weather was a bonus. I love our church family!








The officers on duty were warm and friendly.


There were some cute kids, I snapped a few of my favorites. 






November 1
Mexican date night. :)


November 2
Treatment day in Manhattan.


November 3
My dad grabbed a picture at Aiden's playoff game, where they won easily.


November 4
Second round of playoffs. Aiden got hammered in goal and it ended in a loss, which also ended their season. 





November 5
So many leaves! I've always enjoyed raking...its good exercise and a good excuse to be outside during a great time of year. This year I don't have what it takes strength-wise. I get to choose if I'm going to be bitter (definitely a fleeting thought) or thankful. It was an obvious choice. 




November 6
The first morning after setting the clocks back and my walk before church was quite something!



Willing and not so willing helpers. :)


Amanda and I pulled out our Christmas tree, lit our Christmas-scented candle and watch our first Hallmark Christmas movie. I SO enjoy the fact that the story line is dependable and predictable, always with a happy ending. My life is the opposite of predictable, so I enjoy seeing it on screen. Mostly, I love that Amanda and I sit on the couch together under cozy blankets.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the world.