Tuesday, August 29, 2023

Project 365, Week 33

Plenty of work in this week, but also lots of being together and both enjoying and being frustrated by the fluidness of summer. But even when we're dealing with attitudes, it is a gift to have this time under one roof. It is fleeting, it is grace.

August 14
Shaun and the girls continued work on the vacant apartment...


...while Aiden and I were at the office. He climbed up on the roof, I did inside office work stuff. ;)


I rarely catch good goal celebrations because I'm so excited. This time I thought to get the team congratulating Amanda on scoring.




August 15
House and apartment remodeling has been a thread woven into our family story. Its been hard work and its been special time together. 


Before the closeout of summer, we had our annual Unbirthday Party for the kids, hosted by grandparents and great-grandparents. Nana is no longer traveling and we missed her greatly, but even from a distance, she was the driving force to make it happen. Its always a good time when cousins can get together (just missing Jared).














August 16
Apartment and office work continued.


August 17
Aiden started out a bit nervous on the roof but got comfortable quickly.


A friend sent me a photo of our middle daughters rehearsing for Sunday.


August 18
I stopped by with lunch for the working crew and we had a little picnic on the front porch. I love hanging out with these people.



Yay for Bible Quiz starting back up after the summer off. After coming back from Quiz Camp earlier that week, we were full of fresh ideas and inspiration. Our group has grown in leaders and students and the district is growing in churches participating. Being a piece of the pie in these kids lives is an honor.


On Fridays I use IG to peek in on the happenings at youth group. Very often I catch Amanda in the final rounds of whatever game is happening. She is uniquely gifted to be a youth pastor or professional camp counselor. 😜


August 19
We were all very sick of the work, but also feeling the end in sight. Shaun showed the apartment to the person who ultimately ended up renting it.


Shaun and I ran separate errands and then met for dinner in time to witness a beautiful sunset. Its just hard to think how life could be sweeter.




 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the world.