Friday, May 24, 2024

Project 365, Week 20

May is just the best. So many perfect weather days, so many celebrations, so many things coming alive. 

May 13
Met up with my siblings and mom for a Mother's Day breakfast at a sweet little spot in the country. It must have been our full bellies that we didn't get a group picture.


Amanda's friend had her senior night for softball, so we went to support. I sat in the sun across the way and watched Shaun and Aiden hang out together.


May 14
With only two hours notice, we switched the day around and my dad brought me to treatment instead of Shaun. Its a short straw, for sure but he soldiered through. I try not to imagine what its like to be the parent of a terminal child, no matter the age.



May 15
No picture

May 16
No picture

May 17
I joined the land of the living in time for Amanda's Prom, Part II. Actually, it was Jason's prom and she was his guest. Juliet had a brief window in between her two jobs but she still wanted to do the makeup. Renna was available to paint Amanda's toes. (Here is my eye roll to all this royal treatment). 




Back at home, Sarah took the lead on Amanda's hair and Avery helped, too.






We first stopped at Jason's house so his sweet grandma could see him off. His mom and brothers were there, too.











Then we went to meet up with Trevor and his date at Trevor's grandparent's house. Trevor and Isabell were going to Trevor's prom, which was at a different location, but the kids schemed to meet up first so they could have the shared experience of pictures. So I took a couple....













Earlier in the day Amanda asked me what Ninny and Papa's address was. My thought was, what a blessing that the family lines have been blurred for all these years, that she calls them by their grandparent names. 🙂  Karen even thought to wear her East Catholic shirt!


These two...thick as thieves since the beginning.




We had a quiet, non-prom night at home. Sarah stayed and Jack cooked burgers for everyone.



May 18
Another year of our annual trip to the farmer's market to get patio flowers. When we arrive at 6 AM, people are already filing out with their goods. I'm so grateful for another year.



Our elliptical machine had breathed its last so Shaun found a great deal on another, it just required "some assembly". Wow! He and Aiden put in some hours on it.


A fun crew gathered for the evening.


May 19
I roped in some assistance in with my flowers.


Then Shaun took the boys golfing. They did 18 holes, the boys using "best ball" against Shaun. It worked well and they all had a blast.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the world.