Just a quick check-in since its been a month. Already we've cleared out of two treatments and last time was #50. FIFTY. My brain actually can't process that number. I remember back to 12 years ago when we started and thought that eight rounds would be it. Those eight felt like such a tall mountain to climb and each treatment was its own beast. To have done that fifty times, my mind cannot comprehend.
Outside of cancer, life is full and stretching. I'm continually amazed at how sinful I am and how patient God is.
Cancer comes with a pair of glasses. When I put them on, its clear to see how precious life is and with lightning speed I'm able to sort through life and put things in important and non important piles. I do it imperfectly, but I'm trying to major on the important and minor on the unimportant.
I have to (get to) head out in a few minutes for another round. I guess what I want to say is, collectively, let's keep showing up to life. Get the toxic chemicals, dust off the Bible, confide in a friend, seek counseling....let's climb the hill in front of us; face the hard and determine to move forward. The hill is not an obstacle, its the way to a remarkable and more abundant life.




Have to/get to - both/and for sure. So proud of your persistence and so grateful for how hard you’ve worked. Fifty is an incomprehensibly large number of chemo treatments - surely your Guinness Book of World Records award is on its way!
ReplyDelete