Thursday, March 15, 2012

First Quarter Fun

We celebrated my family's First Quarter birthdays on Sunday.  Its nice to have at least once a quarter built in when we are all together...its no small feat, unless of course you compare it to when my brother and his family were living in Colorado, and then it actually seems quite easy.

Its always such a treat to have everyone together and the now 16 cousins!

We had a very honored guest at his gathering...five day-old Renna Marie.  She was so patient as she got juggled and passed around.  All her little cousins are so very sweet with her and couldn't be more happy to have her around.



My brother grabbed my camera for a while and it was nice to find a couple of me naturally interacting with my children...I do that once in a while.  :)



 Check out this gaggle of boys.  The '09 Club as we affectionately call them.  Five months apart, oldest to youngest, all born in 2009, one for each of us siblings.  A whole lot of boy-ness and sweetness going on there!






I made a first quarter themed birthday cake, though its not very appropriate for this particular winter.

 All ten of us birthday folk...we hold the title of the largest quarter.


1 comment:

  1. What a great idea! We always hold a winter day in February with my mom's family and then sometime in the summer we end up getting together for something or other - but I love this idea. Of course, my husband will tell you we think of any excuse to have a family gathering. To me, there's nothing sweeter than spending time with family. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the world.