Sunday, March 18, 2012

Project 365, Week 11

What a week!  We were reveling in the amazingly warm weather.  It simply makes everything better when its not freezing cold....to top it off, its now light out at night!  How good can life get??

As always, when I was putting this together, I realized I had entirely too many photos.  I will do a separate post or two, but there are still plenty in here, too.

March11
Its such an honor when I get to photograph the baby dedications at church.  This is our head pastor and his sweet wife.  In all three services she cried while her husband was praying over these precious babies.  Later, as I was going through the photos I marveled at this.  How many baby dedications has she witnessed and/or participated in?  Hundreds...and still she is so touched.
When I got home from church I said goodbye to Shaun and the girls as they headed to church for rehearsal.  I decorated the cake and later we celebrated the first quarter birthdays on my side.
 March 12
It was just too nice to eat inside.  I climbed up to the 3x3 platform of the kid's slide and we dined together.
 Then I got a call that I needed to deliver something for work so I piled the two kids in the car and we took the 1.25 hour drive.  It was a pretty drive and the kids were great so we hit the drive thru on the way home.
 We also stopped by the side of the road to use the facilities....twice.
 Amanda hopped out too and did some exploring.  The thought occured to me, how many people have their workdays go like this?  :)  I'm blessed, for sure.
We got home just in time to pick up Avery from the after-school program (her first time there and she was thrilled) and get the kids to my mom's who brought Amanda and Aiden, with some of their cousins up to my dad's church for a viewing of the new Veggie Tales movie.

While they were there getting spoiled, Shaun and I took our first-born out on a date.  Ah...she's getting so big!
March 13
We celebrated Renna's one-week birthday with a photoshoot....she was most cooperative....and so very sweet!

While Avery was at dance class, we took advantage of the warm and light air and hiked a bit
The happy hikers.
March 14
We were all about games this week...love Aiden's face in this one.
March 15
The girls made meatballs for dinner.
March 16
Great-Grandpa spent a night in the hospital so we went to see him for a few minutes when he got back home....Shaun's mom was there, too.  This photo tells such a story...four generations in one room, all on their phones.  Interestingly, neither Shaun's mom or grandfather have a land-line, though we do (for my work).
March 17
Happy St. Patrick's Day!  
Our nephew Jared spent a night with us.  I had several flashbacks of when we was just a baby...can't believe he's thirteen!




2 comments:

  1. Your pictures always make me smile but these were different this week. I can't stop smiling. Brought me back to the days that the kids and I did the hiking, playing games and love the potty stop !!!!

    Blessings to you this week my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Boy that Jared is just too cute - I'll bet girls are gonna love his sweet smile. And Renna truly is precious...

    I think I'll eat dinner outside this evening - but I don't have a venue quite as nice as yours :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the world.