Sunday, April 8, 2018

Project 365, Week 13

We closed out March in a blessed blur. What an honor to serve in a capacity that reaches so many. I took photos each night of the performances and I did a bunch of memory card swapping. As a result, I'm missing several days of personal pictures that I took from this week. It'll be interesting to see when/where it turns up.

March 25
Another whirlwind week with taxes and the Passion, but oh so much fun! Palm Sunday is super special.



Many times, when all seven of us are together as a family, I stop and think about how blessed we are. The mix we have now is pretty great. Also, Wendy's post show helps convince hearts that its good to be serving at church. :)



March 27
It had been 18 months since Amanda visited the orthodontist. In that time she's lost no teeth, even though they are waiting for four baby teeth to come out. And there are four teeth that should have come in that don't even exist, according to x-rays. They told us to come back in three years to do braces. And then implants. And then...I'm not sure what else they said, the dollar signs started to distract me.


March 28
Maybe our best performance.


March 29
I was wishing away the remaining snow so it wouldn't hinder the upcoming Easter egg hunt.



Sweet Frog stays open late for us and cast and crew gather towards the end of the run. We are blessed with an incredible community.



March 30
No school and preparations got under way for Sunday.


K was in charge of decorating the dining room, with her lovely assistant.






March 31
The morning before, I was doing dishes and noticed that the water was not getting hot. Shaun spent a little time with it before he headed to work but couldn't get it running. That night, J and I dropped the family off at church for call time and then headed to Lowe's to purchase a new hot water heater, to use in the event that Shaun couldn't get the "old" one going. I say old...it was brand-new five years ago when we remodeled this house.

At 10:30pm, when we got home from the final show, he started in on the project. At 1:30am, he called it quits, determining that the new one needed to be installed. So early the next morning, he and I brought in the new (not light!) water heater. He worked on it until he had to leave, unshowered for work.

Later that night, after work, after coaching, he got our hot water back. The man is a wonder. Truly.

The kids and I did more Easter prep, mostly trying to make our yard look like it hasn't been through a long, hard winter. But they played, too. :)


We took sponge baths with cold water and went to church. Avery, J and K helped me in the toddler class for one service and then sat with visiting family for the second. Our church did SIX Easter services, which is awesome and amazing.



Shaun and Amanda were at her soccer game, so they were missing on Saturday evening, but the two of them went to the first two services Sunday morning so Amanda could lead on the worship team.







April 1
We had a small gathering of 44 at our house for Easter. Full house = full heart.


2 comments:

  1. I love Sweet Frog! I was going to have Mike take me there on our Saturday date, but I was too full from lunch.

    You know I have an implant from a tooth that had to be pulled, and it's SO NICE to know that it will never have a cavity. Ha! But, yes, expensive!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the world.