Sunday, February 10, 2019

Project 365, Week 5

Finally, the last of January. And also the first of the thick of tax season. You would think it'd be old hat after all these years, but its still hard. I have to do extra talking to myself. ;)

January 28
The goal is to study the Junior Bible Quiz questions for 10 minutes everyday. It would be fun to do a video compilation of what he does while I quiz him. He paces, walks and jumps on furniture, shoots a nerf gun, etc, etc. Somehow it works for him and makes me laugh.


January 29
It wasn't snowing when I dropped them off, but by the time I was done grocery shopping and picked up the girls from drama practice, it was snowing hard. Of our four vehicles, I had the one that is not good in the snow...it was a slow, tense ride home.


January 30
Slide down the icy driveway in your clothes, just for fun? Why not!



January 31
Aiden purchased his first BayBlade, which are "a thing" at school.



February 1
Shaun was at basketball and the girls were at youth group so it was just me and the boys at home. Z texted me to say hey and we chatted for a while. I sent him this "at this moment" pic, since I was wearing his sweatshirt that he left behind and holding the baby whose dad he knows because they overlapped at our house for a couple months when they both lived with us, now six years ago!


He sent me back this one...getting a ride home with his grandma after work. He's 16, has his driver's permit and a job that he loves and wanted to get some advice from Shaun about mutual funds.


If you told me 15 years ago this is what my Friday night would look like, I wouldn't have believed you, couldn't have conceived of it. But God, in his graciousness, has taken my little offering of a surrendered heart and has "stolen my show" and is making something bigger of my life that I ever could have on my own. Its super humbling.

February 2
I was up with the baby during the night and then started my Kid Activity Day with a drop off at the barn at 7:30am. We criss-crossed the state and somehow made it all work. Two highlights were bumping into old school friends at Amanda's soccer game and having church friends over for a sleepover after church.






February 3
Our Super Bowl party was crazier than yours.


...or not. ;)




1 comment:

  1. I just teared up!!!! Man! You totally offered your smooshed PBandJ!! So proud of you!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the world.