Saturday, February 23, 2019

Project 365, Week 7

My niece (hi, Maddy!) pokes fun at me with what I share here. She says it feel a little like a roller coaster here week to week. Everything is happy is bright, then there is major drama. Believe it or not, I'm a pretty even-keeled, drama-adverse person and yet God has called me to a more-than-I-can-handle-in-my-own strength life. I do it imperfectly, but with lots of heart. :)

February 11
It took her about 4 hours, but she put her dresser together. Her determination will come in handy in life. 

February 12
Snow day! Nothing like a movie to ensure there is no fighting between kids while we're both at the office.


We equally mourned the loss of our beloved sledding hill at the old house and hopefully looked for a new favorite spot around our new place.










February 13
New bedroom chillin'.

February 14
Valentine's Day! I followed through on our tradition of a dozen festive donuts. Shaun took me out to lunch, which was super sweet. But even more romantic than that? When he came home late from work, he allowed me to be alone with my frustration while he jumped in and gently talked with a kid whose day had gone sideways.


February 15
Double trouble.




February 16



February 17
The running around of this day started at 8am for JBQ and ended at 7pm when we got home from baseball. I was exhausted from being up with babies and completely drained. I reached a low when I tried to drop the baby off at the nursery so I could sit in service for an hour but was turned away because of his runny nose. I indulged in a pity party and very nearly broke into tears, right there in the nursing mother's room.

Avery and Amanda got to spend the night at Auntie Sarah's house and get spoiled. They had SO much fun doing crafts. It was such a special time for them and also made me realize how much I rely on Avery when we have the baby. I'm in over my head without her!

We had the first Passion and the Cross meeting...so proud to see Amy owning the Assistant Director role...it is demanding and requires so much grace and she is uniquely gifted for it.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the world.