Thursday, October 10, 2019

Project 365, Week 37

Do I say this most weeks? I think I might. There were so many blessings and so much hard in this week. There was busy, active household life, there were quiet morning moments, there was walking with friends through tough stuff, there was staggering beauty in nature, there was excruciating pain and there was undeniable God-presence in a most profound, life-impacting way.

September 9
I can still beat Aiden at games sometimes, but it won't be like that for much longer.


September 10
Pretty flowers as I stepped outside to the bus stop with Aiden.


September 11
I peeked out and saw Aiden fully engrossed in stick play. What a sweet thing to have a little guy who is entertained in "the woods" with a stick.


Such a special service! My niece Maddy was baptized and the whole service was beautiful and life-giving.

September 12
Our girl!



September 13
We ended up with a fun combination of cousins for the evening....they were so sweet together.


Aiden's extra-credit science assignment was to take some pictures of the Harvest Moon. He knew just the person to send out on the job. ;) We are surrounded by trees, so I drove two miles to a farm on a hill, where there are sunrise and sunset views that I'm quite appreciate (and jealous) of. I didn't do it justice, but he got the credit.


September 14
Our first JBQ match of the season. What a crew!


This is the beginning of a long, drawn-out story that I'll share more of later. I woke up at 1 am in significant pain and was unable to go back to sleep. I had committed to transporting a bunch of kids and coaching at the meet, so five minutes before we had to head out the door I willed myself to get dressed and pop some pills.

Shaun coached a soccer game in the same area and after the game was over he came to the meet to see what he could do to help me. As soon as I was done coaching, I took his car and headed home and he stayed back to wrap things up and bring all the kids back. It was such a relief and I was so grateful. He's awesome.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the world.