Wednesday, October 30, 2019

Project 365, Week 38

This was a hard week. Since intense pain was my first indicator that something was wrong when I had cancer, having me be in pain again struck fear in all of us. It also severely limits me and our household is definitely set up to be a two-parent operation, so when I'm down, its a lot of weight on Shaun.

September 15
I was up at midnight again with pain that had now been 24 hours. Shaun and I decided we should head to the local emergency room, for what I was thinking was maybe a burst appendix. They got me right in and began what would be a long string of tests and doctors visits over the next couple weeks. 

This guy...he's been asked to do so many hard things, for long periods of time. He's had to face loosing me more often than either of us would admit. And he's had to care for me in unspeakable ways and is so tender and consistent and patient with it and still he looks at me with such love. He has broad shoulders that can carry lots of weight. Grateful.


I'll save you all of the grueling details from this week...it was tests and appointments and laying low and worry and hope.

September 16
Normally the kitchen is the hub of activity and life in our home, but for this month it was my bedroom. Lucky for me, UNO is easily transportable. ;)


September 17
Aiden is finding that there is more writing in 5th grade than he's had to deal with in the past. He doesn't love it but he's muscling through. This night he worked on extra credit, comparing and contrasting these two plants using colorful adjectives, stretching his little engineering brain right to its limits. :)


September 18
On our way home from a doctor's appointment, Shaun stopped off at Amanda's school to leave a little package he'd put together for her that she could take to her away game. It was just about the sweetest thing ever. He's at his best behind-the-scenes when no one is watching. I love that about him.


September 19
Speaking of soccer...


September 20
The office has terrible cell service, so when I need to take a call, I have to walk outside. This conversation was the doctor reporting on my blood work...even while she was talking, I was thinking how beautiful the roses are.


September 21
I heart #7 on the white team. :)



I wasn't up for having the little guy, but Avery had the weekend off from games and begged to have him, promising to be the exclusive caregiver. The kids were SO happy to see him!


September 22
Love this time of year and a Sunday afternoon soccer game.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the world.