Friday, January 17, 2020

Project 365, Week 1

Some years I've mulled over whether to continue with this blog and particularly the practice of Project 365 but this year I didn't even debate it. I love pictures and I love writing so this makes sense for me. Also, many times a year family from out of state will comment on how much they appreciate being able to keep up with our family in this way, and sometimes my kids will pull out my blog books and they delight in reading about themselves when they were younger. Those things are enough to keep going but also, I enjoy it.

Remarkably, unbelievably, this is my 12th year! I hope once in a while my honest ponderings and observations are interesting or inspiring to the few who read here. Happy New Year, happy week 1!

December 30
Amy, Meg and I got together last minute and prepared a bunch of different meals for a family in need. We got to make food in bulk and at the same time get some talking time in...it worked well! The kids were in and out of the kitchen, hopefully seeing what love and service look like.


December 31
I've always thought a New Year's Eve party sounds fun but I never have the heart to make it happen just a week after Christmas. But I'm happy to help the kids make it happen.


The girls played cards and games and then we watched a Rocky movie. The kids were cheering and groaning...it was very funny!


January 1
First day of 2020!!!! We had our annual family day at Shaun's grandmother's house. Its always fun to be together and the kids get to open more gifts.







Starting in on our fourth decade together! Thankful that time makes what we have sweeter.


January 2
Back to school after a nice long break. :(


January 3
It doesn't always work but I love it when I get to go out with my two guys while the girls are at youth group. A downside to not having the girls with us is that there is not an expert selfie-taker. ;)


January 4
We had a company-wide meeting and at lunch time, in walked Spidey! :)


Its that time of year again when I do lots of ironing. I used to really not like it, but how silly is that to dread something that must be done? In the words of Mary Poppins, in every job that must be done, there is an element of fun. You find the fun and...snap! the job's a game. So now I make it time to listen to a podcast or go down the mental list of things I'm thankful for.


January 5
Cards and tea on a Sunday afternoon with the family.


1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you're continuing! I love dipping in & checking out how things are going with you, even if I don't comment very often.

    I REALLY NEED to follow that Mary Poppins advice! And not just about ironing, but ironically (heh) I was looking at a wrinkeldy skirt this morning & wondering if I could get away with not ironing it. Ha!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the world.