Sunday, January 26, 2020

Project 365, Week 3

There was a nice pace to the week, trying to fit some things in while there is still time. 

January 13
The game wasn't even close...Aiden beat me by a mile.


January 14
Every two years we have to get re-licensed by the state. Somehow we've been doing foster care for eight years now. We're not sure what it will look like going forward, given that our kids are in a much different time of life than they were when we started. All we know for sure is that we want to be doing exactly what God wants us to be doing. For now though, we've been approved for another two years. Between the Department of Children and Families and the Securities and Exchange Commission (which governs financial advisors), the government know ALL about us.

January 15
My birthday! I used to bemoan growing older, now its a joyous celebration. I'm thankful to be alive and I love being in my 40s! Shaun took me to lunch and the kids worked together to make me dinner and in between I sat on the couch and read with no guilt. It was a lovely day!


January 16
The Outback Steakhouse near us is closing later this month. Its been a special place for my family and my sister's family for many years so we decided to dine one last time together there. My nephew and I share a birthday and this year he turned 21! 




January 17
A rare treat of dinner and a movie with girlfriends. Little Women was simply divine...I loved every second of it! Its also such a treat that our spur-of-the-moment events have been working out recently.


January 18
Aiden's best friend and cousin was playing hockey near us so he and I stopped to cheer him on.


The community center was holding an open house and it was free admission to their facility. Naturally, we had to go swimming!



January 19
It snowed over night so we took some friends to the big hill at UCONN. Since they live in Oklahoma they haven't had much experience with sledding...we managed to have fun without breaking any bones. :)









1 comment:

  1. What a great idea to take the OK kids sledding! Happy birthday! And I got TWO nights with you this week!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the world.