Friday, May 15, 2020

May's 10 on 10

10 pictures on the 10th day of the month (Sunday...Mother's Day). {Document a snapshot 
of your life; find beauty among the ordinary things in your day!}

Pretty, pretty sun that comes through the front windows when the house is quiet and the day holds so much promise.


Aiden asked if I wanted to read with him. When I joined him on the couch, he said he'd "fluffed" the blanket for me. Ha!


Avery usually beats me at Boggle, but I keep trying.


Kim came over and it'd been a while since we'd seen each other so I got caught up on her life (the parts she's willing to share at least) and we spent several hours together, walking, chatting, playing games.




Long after everyone one else got out to prepare dinner, Aiden and I stayed until we were good and prune-y. For whatever reason the hot tub makes him very chatty and I get peeks into his heart.


The girls worked hard on dinner...and cleaned up after.


We even ate in the dining room on china and with candles. It was very special.


We ended the day watching Little Women as a family. And this is how I know Aiden and Shaun truly love me. :) It was a good day.


In motherhood, I spend lots of time battling fear, certain I'm getting most of it wrong, desperately wanting to control people and outcomes but knowing I can't (and shouldn't). I listened to my kids express their love and appreciation and chose to believe the words they were saying and thanked God for his grace that covers my gaps. Truly.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the world.