Tuesday, May 12, 2020

Project 365, Week 19

Traditionally, May is one of my favorite months, so I'm happy to be here! There was lots more of all of the same in this 7th week of quarantine...campfires, games, puzzles, yard work, school work, family exercise, Zoom calls. There is so much good and so many opportunities to shape hearts, both parent and child. Love this quote I read this week: Joy isn't a privilege, its my responsibility. Maybe that is never truer than when times are especially tough.

May 4
On my way to the store, I had to pull over and admire this beauty...what an amazing time of year in these parts!!


Games. :)


May 5
Cinco de Mayo landed on Taco Tuesday, making it a perfect excuse for a party. For my Mexican-food loving daughter, we celebrated! :)


May 6
Week #6 at the track. Aiden won, Shaun and Amanda got their best times, and Chick-fil-A did not disappoint.


May 7
We have a cardinal family in the backyard. They seem to do a really nice job sharing childcare and household responsibilities.


A coming-of-age moment....after careful instruction, Aiden got to mow the lawn on the tractor, no doubt his first of many in his lifetime.



May 8
The night before we'd been talking about Amanda and water hoses. Though I have a stockpile of such photos over the years, this one remains my favorite. She and Riley just could not have been loving life anymore than they were in this moment.

I absolutely think there are sections of heaven that look like this.


May 9
Amanda got on a Zoom call hosted by a friend who was leading a stretching time. Amanda didn't realize it would be with all her flexible dance friends, but she muscled through and was a good sport about it. We got a good laugh.


Aiden still loves to spend time alone, just him and his legos (and no sisters!).


Weightlifting day for the crew.


May 10
Honestly? Motherhood was something I never dreamed of, wished for or particularly wanted. And then I met baby Avery and immediately I was in love with her and being a mom. So much so that I've mothered more than 30 kids who have come through our doors. Its almost never comfortable or easy and I feel so unqualified to deal with the big life and heart issues that we face on a daily basis but I also am certain this is something that God placed on our hearts to do. I can't speak for all the mom-with-their-kids pictures that got posted over the weekend, but this one is an imperfect, God-breathed, hard-fought-for mom & kids group. I am humbled, I am thankful, I am blessed.



1 comment:

  1. Wow...30 kids. My goodness! Amazing what you've been able to impress upon each one and influence them if only for a moment. No doubt each one was blessed by the love, acceptance, safety, and Jesus that your home shares so lavishly. You're amazing!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the world.