Friday, July 31, 2020

Project 365, Week 29

Lots of moving parts this week, but the especially good news is the longest, strangest tax season over. On to our summer!

July 13
A very special boy was born on this day 11 years ago. It was a bummer that we were still in tax season, but he's easy going and didn't seem to mind.


He and his dad snuck out to fish for a bit, something he greatly enjoys.


We had his favorite dinner, cheese pizza, rounded out by a store-bought ice cream cake and ate out on the porch. It also worked out that Rocco was able to sleepover. Not much more a boy needs.

Aiden is such a blessing. He is patient and kind and loves to read and learn. He takes all of the nonsense that happens around here in stride. Ten was fun, I know eleven will be even better!



July 14
SUCH a crazy day at work, but I kept an eye on the beautiful skies and breathed. :)



A late start time meant we had slightly cooler temps.


Pop and Kiki were headed out on a road trip the next day, so we all met up to say goodbye. These girls were so sweet chatting it up.


July 15
My co-worker's husband brought her flowers and some for me, too. Fin.al.ly, the end of tax season. I once thought the middle of April crowd was special. These last three days proved me wrong. People are an extra level of crazy 


Junior High met for youth group so while Amanda was there, we went out to dinner with Avery and Aiden to celebrate the end of the longest, strangest season ever.


July 16
J loaded up the last of her belongings and is officially moved out. I have so many feelings about it and am still sorting them out. At the top, sadness for her because the choices she's made are leading her down a hard road, relief for us because it has been a not-good situation for far too long.

In our 8.5 years of doing foster care, we never once had even a day between kids...there was always an overlap. But now we are on break. I don't know how long or what it will look like but we need to heal and regroup and breathe.


Our family has enjoyed doing tree work together at Nathan's property. Its hard, sweaty work but there is an immediate sense of accomplishment, too.


July 17
Bible Quiz. I really enjoy this group! And how handy to have my two teens involved, so I can get feedback on everything I'm doing right and (more often) wrong. ;)


July 18
My sister put together a Wiffle Ball game for the boys so their friend could have a distraction. Such a great group of boys from our church...I'm so glad they have each other! Some of the dads got involved and the moms cheered. So fun!







July 19
The guys went fishing and had success!



Amy and Colombo invited us to share in a fun day with our mourning friends. What a blessing to see them laughing and having "normal" moments. A pool day with friends is good for the soul.










Back flip school.






1 comment:

  1. I’m sorry about J and happy for you to have a break. That sounds really difficult (we’ve only fostered and adopted babies). The fact that those girls have you in their corner to touch base with throughout their lives is such a gift.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the world.