Sunday, August 2, 2020

Project 365, Week 30

It was a good week. First one post-tax season, post-J so we were trying to find our groove. Somewhere in there, we decided to seize an opportunity and go away on a vacation.

July 20
With J gone, there was some room-switching-around to be done. Avery loves to help take care of her brother...packing, organizing, cleaning. Sometimes the help is not welcome, but overall the good out weighs the bad to him. She was very excited to help move his belongings from the bonus room to his new bedroom.


Hottest run, but I think we all said something along the lines of it wasn't as bad as we were expecting.


July 21
All the heart eyes when I stepped into the garage to feed the dog and saw Shaun and Aiden's boots there together. Such a cool thing that they have each other.


Amanda and her cousin Alayna road up to the cabin in Maine with their grandparents and spent the week having lots of fun.


Avery has been babysitting 4-5 days a week for one family. Its a sibling group of three and she handles them expertly. She's also realizing the value of hard work and how saving money starts to really add up with time.

To give them a change of scenery and to get time with Avery, I offered to take them all to the lake for a few morning hours. As it happened, the lake water was being treated that day so there was no swimming. We'd already promised the kids, so Avery suggested the river in our old town.

The kids and I have spent so.much.time there over the years, it was weird to be back, watching my little girl taking care of littles. I was so proud watching her care for the kids and also a piece of my heart longed for those simpler days when they were little.







But I don't spend too much time wishing they were little because its so much fun having them big!  Shaun and I planned on a date, but as it happened Avery was the only kid at home, so we brought her along and had such a great evening.


July 22
I walked the track while Avery played soccer tennis with some teammates.


Chats with Amanda. :)

July 23
Sweet boys hanging out together, doing a whole lot of nothing on a summer day.




I'll pick up Friday and beyond next time, so our whole time away is together.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the world.